Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1985 Rising From A 10 year place of rest

avp0713

Corvette
1985 Silver Greenwood
My 1985 Corvette is currently in the shop; It is being revived from a 10 year sleep in my driveway. I had Hedman Hedders put on and i'm worrying that this may relegate this car to the "never passing NJ inspection" field of dreams. Is it a pipe dream (pun intended) to hope that this car will pass inspection? I still have the stock exhaust. I was going to have the stock exhaust modified to bolt onto the hedders. Does this sound outrageous or normal?

If it passed 10 years ago with the Hedmans' on, why wouldn't it pass now, or did you put them on while it was in hibernation?

re: 1985 rising From A 10 year place of rest

If it passed 10 years ago with the Hedmans' on, why wouldn't it pass now, or did you put them on while it was in hibernation?

The Hedman Hedders were just put on; I still do have the old exhaust system available though. The bolts were too difficult to get out of the stock exhaust manifolds that is why we went with the new hedders.

My 1985 Corvette is currently in the shop; It is being revived from a 10 year sleep in my driveway. I had Hedman Hedders put on and i'm worrying that this may relegate this car to the "never passing NJ inspection" field of dreams. Is it a pipe dream (pun intended) to hope that this car will pass inspection? I still have the stock exhaust. I was going to have the stock exhaust modified to bolt onto the hedders. Does this sound outrageous or normal?

headers with the a.i.r. fittings and pipes that hook up to a Y pipe...thats as they should be.
Most headers are sold with the fittings and shortys are designed to clamp up to the stock Y.
Long tube require modifying the front Y...a lot. As long as the emissions equip is in place, it will pass the visual inspection.

The real question is why did you let your classic 85 vette sit for 10 years, that is crazy talk?

Doesn't Matter.......

Put QQ plates on it and "forgedaboutit." :rotfl

Hedman Hedders and QQ plates. . .

Put QQ plates on it and "forgedaboutit." :rotfl

Rowdy.... more on this. . . this is serious business, how should I proceed with this? Get the stock exhaust custom fitted, leave all the cats on, apply for QQ plates and call it a day? What are the drawbacks (if any) of doing this?

Ok..........

"If" you go with QQ plates, insurance will be a couple hundred a year on an AGREED amount. There is NO inspection for QQ and most policies have an adjustable mileage chart. For my $.02, QQ, put whatever you want on it and "Don't Look Back."http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz5PjwUX8fA as the tattoo on my chest says......
Rowdy.... more on this. . . this is serious business, how should I proceed with this? Get the stock exhaust custom fitted, leave all the cats on, apply for QQ plates and call it a day? What are the drawbacks (if any) of doing this?

QQ plates on vette with hedders. . .

Thanks Rowdy; I feel like a 500 pound weight was lifted off my shoulders; In the meantime I did research the different options at DMV, and it looks like QQ is the way to go.

No Need......

You did the work. Been there, done that so it was a little easier, you'll be fine!:beer
Thanks Rowdy; I feel like a 500 pound weight was lifted off my shoulders; In the meantime I did research the different options at DMV, and it looks like QQ is the way to go.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom