Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1985 Tune Up

wescarver

Corvette
1985 "Ruby"
Planning a tune up of "Ruby". She developed a skip today and I am not sure when last done. Bought her used but running good. Any suggestions on brands of plug wires, plugs, etc. Got to get back to the Dragon outside Robbinsville,NC

Planning a tune up of "Ruby". She developed a skip today and I am not sure when last done. Bought her used but running good. Any suggestions on brands of plug wires, plugs, etc. Got to get back to the Dragon outside Robbinsville,NC

Very interesting - but what does it have to do with the CAC Annual CruiseFest?
Remo:cool

P.S. Use AC Delco 8MM plug wires and good luck at the Dragon.

Wes,
I'm going to move this thread to the C4 Technical Discussion Forum.

-Patrick

Use AC Delco Rapid Fires gapped at .050. I have a set of Taylor 8mm wires on mine and they are great. Enjoy getting the #4 and #8 plugs out, have some bandaides ready for your knuckles.

Use AC Delco Rapid Fires gapped at .050. I have a set of Taylor 8mm wires on mine and they are great. Enjoy getting the #4 and #8 plugs out, have some bandaides ready for your knuckles.

.050 gap? That is huge! I believe the '85 calls for a .035 gap. Check to make sure, but I am sure it is not .050

.035 is correct

.050 gap? That is huge! I believe the '85 calls for a .035 gap. Check to make sure, but I am sure it is not .050

.035 is correct, however after much research on CAC, I found that the .050 on the Rapid Fires offers a much better burn. The seat of the pants feel is pretty instant. My dad has a 39 Ford with a chevy 350 bored to a 355 in it, he followed the CAC advice as well and gapped his rapid fires at .050 as well.

GET accei 8.8mm wires and a new cap and rotor and get bosch +4 plugs:Steer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom