Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1986 Low Air Flow From Dash Vents

chris123

So far, I've corrected the minor vacuum leak on the plastic rotary piece that controls the A/C, Heat, Vent functions (it was hissing and wasn't sealed properly); then I replaced the blower motor with a new AC Delco unit (got a good deal from Amazon, $35 plus shipping); it definitely is blowing more than when I started the diagnosis, however it definitely is not blowing out as strong as it should; I have a FSM manual however not sure where to go from here; I had the radio out for repair, and I could see the defroster door functioning correctly based on the movement of the switch; the doors are definitely moving, however again, just not enough airflow from the vents; are there connecting points behind the dash that may have come loose, or maybe the foam connections have deteriorated over time? I don't mind tearing into the dash as long as I have an area to target, and a way to get in there; I can hear plenty of airflow (noise/volume), however it just doesn't seem to be making it up to the middle vents. Any suggestions? The pics in the FSM don't really help too much, unless I know which door to concentrate on.........
Regards, Chris :)

Just a thought

When I pulled my fan motor.. I reached up into the AC evaporator with a little tube ( clear ) hooked up to the shop vac... I pulled out some horrible junk that covered the
surface... and my air flow ( volume ) increased....

When I pulled my fan motor.. I reached up into the AC evaporator with a little tube ( clear ) hooked up to the shop vac... I pulled out some horrible junk that covered the
surface... and my air flow ( volume ) increased....
I looked in there when I replaced mine, and it didn't look too bad; I am going to take off the dash pad, and see what I can find; there is a lot of air flow based on the noise of the fan, just gotta figure out why it's not making it to the middle dash vents.......

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom