Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1986 Yellow Pace Car Black Top 4+3 Manual

chris123

1986 Corvette Convertible Indy Pace Car – Yellow with black top and 4+3 manual transmission; 71,050 miles; mostly original condition except for the radio and wheels. The Delco Bose radio was upgraded to a GM CD Player, which looks factory stock with the white lighting in the background (I have the original non-working Delco Bose cassette which will be included with the car, and the wheels are from a 1987 instead of 1986. The previous owner has custom rims on the car when he owned it, and had the original rims in his basement, which were stolen when he had someone break in his house. He said at the time, he could only find rims from a 1987 so he went with those, and said he liked the darker inner color anyway vs. the stock color of the 1986 rims. I personally prefer the 1986 rims, but have had trouble as well finding original rims that are still in good condition. Car has the following options:

AG9 – 6-way power seat
AQ9 – Graphite leather adjustable sport bucket seats
AU3 – Power door lock system
B4P – Radiator cooling boost fan
KC4 – Engine oil cooler
K34 – Electronic speed control with resume speed
V01 – Heavy duty radiator
G44 – 3.07 Axle ratio
UU8 – Delco-GM/Bose music system-electronically tuned AM/FM stereo radio with seek & scan, cassette tape and digital clock

I have a copy of the original window sticker and build sheet. Car was originally purchased from Ray Weil Chevrolet, Inc. in Amherst, NY. I have replaced many items while I have had the car with AC Delco parts if they were available, or NAPA parts if they were no longer available. Some of the parts include all 4 BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2 tires with 4-wheel alignment, brakes and rotors, all 4 Bilstein shocks, master cylinder, ECM computer, clutch, slave cylinder, clutch hose, & clutch master cylinder, new exhaust from the cat back, fan blower motor and all tune-up parts under the hood including hoses, serpentine belt, thermostat and housing and low-temperature fan switch (I have original switch), and a bunch of other little parts throughout the car. Manual gearbox oil and overdrive unit fluid has been changed twice since I’ve owned the car, and overdrive unit works perfectly. Real axle fluid has been changed once. I’ve put just over 9,000 miles on the car since I purchased it 3 years ago. I will post some pics shortly, however we had a bunch of snow this past weekend, so I need to wait until some of it melts. I have the clear Pennsylvania title on hand. Car runs very well, and has passed inspection and emissions with no issues each year. I have always used Mobil 1 10W-30 full synthetic oil with Slick 50 at each oil change. A/C blows cold, and has been upgraded to R134A.

There are a couple of minor items that need repair, and the new parts will be included with the car – Driver’s side door ajar switch needs to be replaced, and the lumbar bladder motors need to be replaced. Again, new replacements will be included, however I just haven’t had the time to replace them myself.

Comes with 1986 factory repair manual and 2015 Corvette Black Book.

Overall, I would rate the car as a 7 out of 10. The yellow paint and decals are still in good condition, and the paint has minor chipping on both of the bumpers. The black cloth top is in good condition and the back window is still in decent shape. The top has a small ¼ inch tear on the passenger side, but it is not very noticeable.

The car is a good driver, and still gets tons of thumbs up from people as you drive by. Call me at (610) 360-5836 any time to discuss or if you have additional questions. Asking a very fair $10,500 or best offer.
Here is the latest clip from the Nada used car guide:

Values
Print

Original
MSRP

Low
Retail

Average
Retail

High
Retail

Base Price
$32,480
$7,000
$12,600
$23,100
Options: (change)
4 Speed Transmission

$1,000
$1,250
$1,500
Factory Air Conditioning

10%
10%
10%
TOTAL PRICE:
$32,480
$8,700
$15,110
$26,910

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom