Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1988 High Flow Cats

He had the right converters on his car. The owner had the recall performed. They changed the German converters for the factory GM converters which were more restrictive.

88's do NOT run GM converters. I've had mine replaced and had to order them from Callaway. Units were custom made.

I picked up the Cats that were used on the non approved exhaust. These cats were modified by Callaway for the cars and installed I found some one who had bought Callaways overstock.
Beg to differ a tad. They came with a complete exhaust system. EPA ordered recall due to lack of certification. Reeves got smacked with a stiff EPA fine for the units which were not returned and ended up losing $ on the deal big time. Story is per Reeves @ Callaways at Carlisle circa 1998. I took my IMSA GTO TT there the first year i had it. He told the story after a question.

88's do NOT run GM converters. I've had mine replaced and had to order them from Callaway. Units were custom made.
The 88's use stock GM converters for the front two converters. Callaway did remove the middle converter and install a test pipe. The front GM converters are welded to the Callaway turbo pipes. That is probably why you ordered them from Callaway. Look at the pictures on post #5, It shows both of the exhaust systems from Callaway.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom