Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1989 CONV EXHAUST

EOLIVER

Corvette
1989 DARK BLU METALIC SIX SPEED CONV
I have a 1989 six speed conv and was wondering what aftermarket exhaust system would be best in terms of performance and sound. I'm concerned about resonance inside the car. My first thought is Flowmaster 40 or 50 delta flow systems. Any other opinions?

I'm also interested in replies to this.
I knoiw I need to improve the exhaust in order for any other
changes to be of much use.
btt

It all comes back to...

Magnaflow.... Ask Legion21 how much he likes his

All my rides have Magnaflows except my 85, which has some beatup Borlas on it (building a new custom Magnaflow system for it though). Nobody's been unhappy with any of the Magnaflow installs I've done so far.. :)

I agree magnaflow is best. I have heard the flowmasters have tons of resonance. The Magnaflows are also a great price.

CORSA....without a doubt!!

NO RESONANCE WHATSOEVER AND GREAT PUNCH SOUND!!!

Last summer I eliminated the mufflers, replaced with straight pipes out the back. I took them off and replaced the mufflers because with the convertible it was to loud. The sound carried over the back into the cockpit.I could not use my cell phone driving at 60 mph.

Glenn
:w

Stinger !! said:
CORSA....without a doubt!!

NO RESONANCE WHATSOEVER AND GREAT PUNCH SOUND!!!

You can get the Magnaflow for around $360 Shipped that is half the price of Corsa.

I put magnaflow on my 86 convert, no resonance and great sound. For a good price call the people at www.performancepeddler.com for a price. They can cut considerable off their web site price, had mine in two days.

Flow Master Force II , I put them on my 90 and they sounded great. Replaced my front Y pipe with one that has no pre cats and replaced the main cat with a high flow and they souned even better. Drove it 1400 miles to Mid America's Fun Fest and back and the sound levels whern't that bad. I could even hear my wife.

EOLIVER said:
I'm concerned about resonance inside the car. My first thought is Flowmaster 40 or 50 delta flow systems. Any other opinions?

The Flowmasters are not for you since you do not like resonance. They are loud, obnoxious and I love them. :D

i have the corsa power pulse system on mine,no problems with resonance or anything else for that matter. on the other hand as you see here there are a lot of people that like the magnaflow system. i havent heard anybody complain about them,but i have heard that the flowmasters are just too loud for the vette. either way you clear up some extra ponies, and thats always good.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom