Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1990 C4 Power Antenna Mast Retaining nut

cash's90

Corvette
1990 Charcoal Metallic Coupe
I need replace my 1990 C4 coupe antenna mast. The antenna nut had failed and is gone. Does anyone have a source for the antenna mast retaining nut or "antenna nut". I have the new mast and it works well but without the nut it simply pops out of the antenna motor tube. Internet searches have proved fruitless.

I need replace my 1990 C4 coupe antenna mast. The antenna nut had failed and is gone. Does anyone have a source for the antenna mast retaining nut or "antenna nut". I have the new mast and it works well but without the nut it simply pops out of the antenna motor tube. Internet searches have proved fruitless.

I was unable to find a replacement antenna mast nut so I made one. Works just fine. Parts used were a 1/2" I.D. split bushing, about 1" long, and a 5/8" O.D. flat washer reamed out to closely fit the largest moveable segment of the mast. Center and weld the washer to the bushing. reduce the O.D. of the washer to slightly larger than the O.D. of the bushing and cut two notches in the edges of the washer to allow needle nose pliers to grip the washer. Slightly deform the bushing so you can feel it engage the threads on the antenna motor tube (don't deform the tube}. Remove the nut. Install the mast. Install the nut and screw it down. Install the rubber grommet. Test the antenna.

The fix I described has worked flawlessly. Than you for a source for a direct replacement.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom