Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1990 Convertible Fuel Gauge

porras

Corvette
1990 Convertible
I just got a 1990 Convertible. It has 66k original miles, only issues are small cosmetics and the fuel gauge. I don't want to replace any unnecessary parts, but I fear I will spend hundreds and still not get it working. Any tips to troubleshoot my problem before I buy repair parts? Anyone else have this issue? I'm good with watching the miles and refueling after 250 or so miles to be safe for now. But I'd eventually like to get it fixed.

If so is it stuck on full or empty?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Fuel Gauge

It shows nothing, just says RESERVE. Not sure where to start to begin to fix this.

Just off the top of my head, If it always shows "Reserve," I would first pull the tank unit and see if the float moves freely. Not stuck in the Down or Empty position. If it isn't stuck, put an ohm meter across the connections for the sender and see if the resistance changes as you move the float up and down. If it changes you know the sender is GOOD! If NOT, get a new sender...I'd also pop a new AC/Delco fuel pump in there while you have it out too. Check and clean ALL Connections.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom