Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1990 Seat Material

L

Loaded 90

The side bolster on my driver side sport seat is showing signs of age. I went to a local reputable interior shop and they told me they could fix just the side bolster because the rest of the seat looks brand new. He then told me part of the seat is leather and part is vinyl, the side bolster being vinyl and the center of the seat being leather. Is this correct or not?

Mac

On my 87 the bolsters are leather just like the rest of the seats. Looking at interior kits in different catalogs shows all leather kits for the seats or all vinyl if you want to save money. I would get a second opinion from a different upholstery shop just to be on the safe side.:cool

My original leather seats are like Loaded 90's. Leather only on the seating surfaces, vinyl on the sides and bolsters.

That's what the guy that repaired my side bolster told me,too.
I was like 'VInyl,eh?Hmmmm....O.K.'

But yea.You can tell by looking at the back of the material.

The outsides of the seat and bolsters are vinyl, but the part that usually wears out is leather.... You can usually tell by a slight color difference, and the material looks a bit different too... My '93 seats had leather bolsters, with vinyl on the outsides... my '96 is the same

So would you let the guy repair my seat? I have seen work the guy has done and it is wonderful.

usually anything looks better than a seat that is partially torn up... just make sure he is replacing with the correct color, and also make sure he knows what is leather and what isn't.... he may have to do a combination of leather and vinyl to do the repair.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom