Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1990 Seat Memory, and Seat Bolster Buttons

JamesBaines

Corvette
1990 White Targa Top
Hi, we have a 1990 C4 but no handbook and I'm trying to figure out how to use the three round black buttons which I think are the seat memory control buttons. If anyone knows how to set the seat memory, I would appreciate hearing from you. Also, the switch for the seat bolster only works the "Lumbar" bolsters on the seat back. The seat itself is very tight and I'm wondering if the switch is supposed to work both sets of bolsters. If so, I guess I'm going to need to fix it, if not, is there any way to adjust the seat bolsters to a wider position? And NO, losing weight is not the answer, at 6" weighing in at 175lbs, I'm not the problem.

Happy 4th everyone,

James ;help

Hi, we have a 1990 C4 but no handbook and I'm trying to figure out how to use the three round black buttons which I think are the seat memory control buttons. If anyone knows how to set the seat memory, I would appreciate hearing from you. Also, the switch for the seat bolster only works the "Lumbar" bolsters on the seat back. The seat itself is very tight and I'm wondering if the switch is supposed to work both sets of bolsters. If so, I guess I'm going to need to fix it, if not, is there any way to adjust the seat bolsters to a wider position? And NO, losing weight is not the answer, at 6" weighing in at 175lbs, I'm not the problem.

Happy 4th everyone,

James ;help
james if your referring to the buttons on the front corner of the seat it sounds like you have the sport seats. if so those buttons are what you push to fill the air bladders in the lower center of the seat. also if the seat fits you tight in the upper back area there is a button on the front edge of the seat that will adjust the upper bolsters
try it and see if the bolsters move
good luck rich

Thanks Rich, I'll check the three buttons tomorrow to see what they do but I still need to know how to "Widen" the seat bolsters. The back / kidney bolster switch works just fine, it's the seat part I need to sort out.

James

james
i went out and looked at my seats to make sure we are on the same page. the bolster thats hitting you in the kidney area is the side bolster. it is controled by the switch on the front edge of the seat.
i got my fsm out and took a look to see what all is in there. you will need to get a fsm and do a little reading. if i can find out how to scan the pages ill send them to you or if you can get a fsm from somebody over there that would probaly be best.
good luck rich
ps if you get a fsm the info starts on page 10-10

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom