Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1992 Corvette CD Stereo

Newfydad

Corvette
1992 Black Rose LT1-ZF6
Bought 1992 Corvette last summer. It is mint except the CD player normally doesnt work with any CD. It takes in the CD, tries to read it for 15 seconds or so then spits the CD back out. Only once, about a month after I bought it, it played just fine and sounded great. It played every CD I put in. The next day it wouldnt play again. So I think it is not something permanently broken. The rest of the car is so well maintained and babied that the non-functioning CD player seems inconsistent and the problem is probably fairly simple and relatively recent. The radio part works fine. Any ideas how I can get the CD player to work properly. Removing it is a pain...shipping it out for 'repair' would be very costly from my location in Canada.

Bought 1992 Corvette last summer. It is mint except the CD player normally doesnt work with any CD. It takes in the CD, tries to read it for 15 seconds or so then spits the CD back out. Only once, about a month after I bought it, it played just fine and sounded great. It played every CD I put in. The next day it wouldnt play again. So I think it is not something permanently broken. The rest of the car is so well maintained and babied that the non-functioning CD player seems inconsistent and the problem is probably fairly simple and relatively recent. The radio part works fine. Any ideas how I can get the CD player to work properly. Removing it is a pain...shipping it out for 'repair' would be very costly from my location in Canada.
Run 1 of these Bad Boys through it,Always worked for me!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

attachment.php

It may be costly to ship from Canada, but I suggest you use Dr Don's (Corvette Radio). He will upgrade the CD unit to play computer burned CDs for $200. I had mine done because I usually had to burn a cassette from the CD to play it in the 94 corvette (has the combo CD & Cassette gold). Took about 2 weeks (due to Thanksgiving holiday). Installed it and it worked perfectly on 2 of my computer burned CDs. If you try to get it repaired to the original specs, the CD player most likely will only accept the store purchased CDs as I believe they are "pressed like the old vinyl records" were rather than burned. Removing and reinstalling is not that difficult, just work slowly and be careful of the screws that tend to fall into the open console area. Dr Don has a schematic on how to remove the radio.
Hope this helps. You will be amazed with the care he uses in packaging the repaired unit.
Barrett

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom