Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1992 LT-1 prices

A

AdnanVCS

Hi,

Would like to know what the prices are for a 1992 LT-1 6MT
When i checked with NADA it said 11,000 to 12,000 was normal.
Is this right can you get a nice and clean car for $11,000?

Just looking around to see the prices per Corvette (C2-C3-C4-C5)
Thanks in advance!

Paid a little more for my 92 Vert, but it was pristine and low miles. Paid less for my 93 Ruby, excellent mech shape, nice body, needed a little TLC, and had 10K more miles. If you take your time and look around you should be able to find a nice 92 for 11-12000.

NADA, Kelly's and the others all base their values largely on mileage. A low mileage car is nice to have, but if you plan to drive it that premium you paid for low mileage quickly evaporates as the miles increase. Maintenance is much more important with these cars. I'd rather buy a higher mileage car that has been well maintained (and has the records to prove it) than a low mileage car that has just had the oil changed every x,000 miles.

So to answer your question, yes, you can get a nice clean 92 for around $11k. You can also get a nightmare for a lot more.

I sold my somewhat modified average mileage '92 coupe back in late 2005 for $12500. It was in very good shape for a daily driver. So, I'd say 11-12K is in the ballpark.

Low miles. That's all fine and well for pricing. But think a moment. That '92, low mileage Vette is 15 years old. What do you consider to be low mileage? I've seen 5000 - to 50,000 mileage Vettes listed as low mileage cars. The pricing can be all over the board too. Check out some of the Vettes for Sale websites. Thing is, a low mileage car means it was hardly driven. What effect has that had on the hoses, fluids, electricals? Was it maintained beyond a crank up or two in a week, a month, a year? And driven where and how?
Keep looking. Someone who has actually driven the car AND kept it well maintained will be looking to sell in order to make way for baby, a college bound teen, another Vette, to make bond or an emergency payment on something--somewhere! Good luck! :w

A yr ago I paid just under 10k for my 92 coupe. Good cond, needed some mechanical fixes which I did myself. Body and int were real clean.

You're probably in the right ball park (and I'm probably echo'ing a lot of what's been said...lol) ...if you take your time and be patient, look closely at the cars you come across and you should find something you'll be very satisfied with, both in price and car quality. A little over two years ago I bought mine for 9k, although it's an automatic and not manual tranny. It's in great shape, little things here and there on it need some tlc but nothing major. It also had 116k miles on it, so I'm sure that pushed the price down on it a little. I'm at 146k miles now and still purr's like a kitten and roars like a lion. These are great motor's and if they've been serviced, having some miles on them shouldn't be an issue. Just to put it in as a few of the things I've had to change on mine were all the weather stripping (some of it wasn't too bad, but I bought the whole kit and did it all anyways). I replaced all six of the universal joints and the O2 sensor's, one had become dirty and always gave a false reading, major improvement in gas mileage and power when I replaced these.

Best of luck to you in your car search!

Sounds like quite good value for $11,000 300HP

Now i will check the other prices next on list: C3, C5

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom