Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1993 6-speed; Dash lights go nuts when accel.

C

carras

Hi,
Brand new to the World of Vette ownership, and I was just wondering if this is a problem: When I really goose my Vette, the dashboard indicator lights for the brake, check ABS and others go on. If anyone can tell me what is going on, I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks,
Greg

Welcome to the wonderful world of Corvette ownership Greg.

Are you sure the ABS light is not realy ASR a.k.a. Acceleration Slip Reduction light? ASR is basicly traction control. As I understand it, ASR compare's the spinning of the rear tires with those of the front. If the computer detects that the rear tires are spinning faster than the front (or vice versa) it will apply the brakes to the offending tire(s) and illuminate the ASR, and I think in earlier cars, the ABS light (since the ABS is what's braking the tire). The throttle peddle will also pulse under your foot (kind of like ABS does with the brake peddle), this is the car's way of telling you to let off the gas.

To get realy satifying, smoke billowing, rubber laying burn outs you need to turn ASR off. It's the little button just above the headlight switch with an icon of the rear of the car and little squiggliy lines behind it. This will turn on the ASR off light on the DIC.

Hope this helps.

Jason

'93 Vette ASR & ABS lights

Hi Jason,
Thank you for replying! Actually, the ASR light goes on with the check ABS light, and I think even the red parking brake light (briefly) as well. I'll have to step on it with the ASR disabled and see if this happens with some rubber. (You'll really have to twist my arm to try this out. :)) I'll let you know!

So far Corvette ownership is fantastic!
Thanks again,
Greg

Welcome Greg!

Hope you enjoy the CAC website. Keep in touch, make new friends and let us know about those dashboard lights.

Welcome

Carras,
Welcome to the forum. Have fun checking those lights. Did I hear Jason say billowing tire smoke ? :cool:
Tom

I'm glad I could help Greg. That's what the Action Center is here for.

Originaly posted by twiget
To get realy satifying, smoke billowing, rubber laying burn outs you need to turn ASR off.

Not that I know from experience though...:rolleyes:

Jason

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom