Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1993 Corvette Tire fitment

sjcea

Time to buy some new tires and I was wondering . I just bought a new set of ZR1 replica wheels 17x9.5 . will I be able to use the stock rear tire size of P285/40ZR17 on all 4 corners without clearance issues ? I'm assuming it won't be an issue but want to make sure

They will fit just fine. However, more tire selection with 275/40/17 size. Assuming these are 56+ mm offset?

C4's can actually take 315's up front on 11 wide wheels and 335's out back on 12 wide wheels with only minor rubbing at full lock up front.

One thing I would recommend is a Hunter Road Force balance. I had it done and it made a remarkable difference.

A road force balance loads the tire with about 700 pounds of force.

Mind sharing where you got the ZR1 replica's?? I have the rear 11x17's on my 96 and have been looking for years for fronts :ugh:ugh

Time to buy some new tires and I was wondering . I just bought a new set of ZR1 replica wheels 17x9.5 . will I be able to use the stock rear tire size of P285/40ZR17 on all 4 corners without clearance issues ? I'm assuming it won't be an issue but want to make sure

285's on all four corners will work - I did that on my ole '92 a few years when 285's were easy to find. Now the 275/40/17 is easier to find.

Mind sharing where you got the ZR1 replica's?? I have the rear 11x17's on my 96 and have been looking for years for fronts :ugh:ugh
17" Silver C4 ZR1 Wheels Set of 4 Rims Fit Corvette SS Camaro Firebird TA

Sorry that link did not work ? I got them from a wheel distributer in Florida on EBay

A couple of years ago I bought a set of C4 ZR-1 reproduction "A-Mold" wheels from Factory Reproductions in Chino CA.

See www.factoryreproductions.com

The wheels Factory Reproductions sells are good quality products.

Mine are fantastic quality as well !! And $529 for the set shipped to my home !!

PRODUCT:
17" Fits Camaro Corvette ZR1 Style Replica Wheels - 17x9.5 Silver SET
WHEEL SIZE:
17x9.5
FINISH:
Silver with a Fine Machined Lip. The finish on this wheel is achieved through several different phases. The finishing process includes a silver powder coat foundation followed by two layers of clear coat, not a one stage enamel. This is the correct way to finish a wheel. The lip of the wheel is then precision machined using a coolant and ceramic bit. This method creates a fine machined aluminum appearance on the lip of the wheel. They have an absolutely beautiful finish with a superior sheen due to the additional layer of clear coat. The photograph does not depict the superior finish of the wheel.
CENTER CAPS:
Center cap included, factory center cap will interchange.
FITMENT:
Fits: Corvette 1988 thru 1996. Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am 1993 thru 2002. Fitment guaranteed for stock equipped vehicles only.
TPMS EQUIPPED VEHICLES:
If your vehicle is equipped with TPMS Sensors, please check here and add them to your cart.

Will the stock wheels off my 1993 fit all models from 84-96 ? I got a buddy with a 87 rag top and he wants to buy my stock wheels but I'm not sure if the bolt right on or not ?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom