Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1993 DLC (ALDL) connection dropping

echo4golf

Corvette
1993 40th Anniversary Coupe
Hi Folks,

An issue that has been going on for awhile with my car is that there are lot of errors with pulling data over the DLC. It's happening regardless of what tool I'm using (MasterTech, Tech 1, Bluetooth box (with ALDLDroid or Tuner Pro RT). Thinking back, my mechanic reported the same issue with his scanner in 2012. I've done a bit of research and one issue that seems to crop up that one of the systems talkaing through the DLC is in the process of failing and sending incorrect voltage. Once source suggests unplugging the ABS controller and then the CCM to see if the issue persists or measuring voltage at the data pin and that it should be "well over" DC 2.5v. I think that, in the absence of codes, that measuring output from the DLC is the place to start. Any thoughts on this?

Question: to measure the outputs, I should use the pin for the system that I'm checking and the ground pin, correct?

Question 2: Is there a place in the FSM to find appropriate levels? I didn't see it in the DLC section. Only the procedure for running the diagnostic, and that works as advertised.

:v

Thanks,
Jerry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom