Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1993 vette with the dreaded 32 code.

1mikec1

Corvette
1993 40th anni.
I purchased a one owner 40th anni. w/12,000 miles back in Oct. of 17. I have had trouble with an ses light. Comes on only after several minutes at 70 mph+ on the highway. Replaced egr, and the egr solinoid as well as checking the egr vacumn circuit. Still has the ses light issue. What other sensors will throw this code? Also when the car was new with about 1200 miles on it the ecm was replaced for the same reason. A few monthes later the egr valve was replaced. I assume that fixed it because no mention of any more problems with the light. Will the prom go bad in the ecm? Don't know what else to check. Light almost never comes on in town or under 65mph. When you get a light you can pull of the road, stop the engine and restart and the light will reset and won't come on again for a few more miles. Check the codes I get 12 then 32. I mentioned the prom because as I understand it you swap the prom over to the new ecm when it is replaced. So I'm thinking that maybe the faulty part was never really replaced. Any help appreciated. mc

Do you have the 1993 Corvette Service Manual?

It is unlikely the PROM is "partially defective" such that it is causing DTC32 to set.

You seldom have the problem below 65-mph because the test that runs for DTC32 will not run below 50-mph.

Code 32

Do you have the 1993 Corvette Service Manual?

It is unlikely the PROM is "partially defective" such that it is causing DTC32 to set.

You seldom have the problem below 65-mph because the test that runs for DTC32 will not run below 50-mph.
Yes I have the manuals. Any ideas? Thanks for the reply Hib.

1993 40th egr code 32

Hello Hib, Did a road test today with vacuum guage on the windshield. The system works fine. No vacuum at idle or while coasting to a stop, but shows vacuum when driving with anything but WOT. At cruise on the interstate it shows 7-10 inches hg and it cycles off and on. When the light comes on there is no indication of it on the vaccum guage. So it appears that the system is working but just fails the test for some reason. What sensors is the ecm testing to turn on the light? Thanks for your help.

Moving out of the C7 Corvette Tech forum and into the C4 Tech Forum...

Hello Hib, Did a road test today with vacuum guage on the windshield. The system works fine. No vacuum at idle or while coasting to a stop, but shows vacuum when driving with anything but WOT. At cruise on the interstate it shows 7-10 inches hg and it cycles off and on. When the light comes on there is no indication of it on the vaccum guage. So it appears that the system is working but just fails the test for some reason. What sensors is the ecm testing to turn on the light? Thanks for your help.

With all due respect, taping a vac. gauge to the windshield and driving around, while it will tell you when the ECM turns EGR vacuum on and off, it won't tell you much else.

Since you have the FSM for that car, I suggest you read the information for DTC32, which starts on page 6E3-A-63 in Book 2, and follow the two-page diagnosis procedure. While doing that may be time consuming, the processes are fairly simple. The only diagnostic tools required are your vacuum gauge, a 12v test light and a hand-operated vacuum pump.

Do that and report the results back here.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom