Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1994 C4 Starts and Quits quickly

wawctw

Corvette
1994 Polo Green
Hello: I am looking for someone that may have had this same problem. I picked up this 94 and cleaned it up to get it looking good. Now the problem is that it will start and run for just a few seconds. Things I have checked are the following.
1. fuel pressure check 40 lbs.
2. Traced down a ground wire that was bolted to the bellhousing, it was poorly connected to three black wires with a dirty white or grey stripe, I soldered a new piece on and lade sure it had a good ground, nothing changed.
3. when shorting pins 4 and 12 on the connector 1.C41 H41. the others read err or three dashes.
4. I traced down the tan wire in the harness to the instrument panel where the factory splice is. I get a weak ground on this line which according to the service manual should have 3 volts. I checked and key on it has three volts.
5. So far that's it and it still starts and quits in a few seconds. I would be very pleased for any help or suggestions. Thanks
this is a video of how it runs.
IMG 03261 - YouTube

Thank you

you got problems
DTC 41 is a communication fault between the CCM and the ECM
Start here

Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums - View Single Post - pulling my hair out

for future no start reference
Lt1 No Start Diagnostic - Automotive - Forum

I will start on the information you supplied.Also the ground wire I repaired was as follows. There are three wires coming from the harness behind the EGR valve. They are black with either a grey or dirty white stripe, I extended them and ran them to a good known ground since when I found them they were connected badly. Do you know what these wires go to. I have been trying to find that wiring diagram.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom