Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1994 Vette mod's? price?

S

SPEEDFREAK

Ok I'm getting ready to purchase a 1994 green/tan corvette 6-speed. As always I want to go faster. What should be my first mod's? And what brands? The car has 52,000 miles on it and the paint is close to perfect as well as the interior. It may need some new tires in the future, it also has the FX3 suspension option, new plug wires, rotor cap, and a new water pump. I've wet and looked at the car and it's really nice. They are asking $17,000 what do you guys think? Is there anything particular I should look for? Thank you for any help.

Hi there,
It sounds like you have a nice car, the only thing that I can suggest here, is to look to see if the intake manifold gasket is leaking oil.
You will find oil tracing at the front and rear parting lines where it meets the block. GM issues a revised sealant to assist in the bonding of the aluminum intake with the cast iron block.
I would also request all receipts, and maintenance records for the vehicle.
Best to you, and congrats, c4c5

Buying new Vette

SpeedFreak:

Welcome the the Corvette Action Center Community, (CACC).
Check "Buying a new Vette" under "Site Resources" in the top menu bar.

A car with over 50,000 miles and a perfect paint job would make me look closer. There should be some little chips or dings on the front in that many miles. If the car has been repainted find out why. It is possible that the previous owner was very careful with the car.

Sounds like a nice car,

Hey Speedfreak

I have a 94 Green vette with 47,000. Try it awhile before you get wild about putting a lot of money into "speed parts". You just may find it goes plenty fast as it is. Small items like the K&N filter and for $600+ a better exhaust system will make you feel better and keep you going fast. If it's a coupe, watch for the hatch seal. Mine leaks like a new baby without diapers.

All the Best!

Welcome To The Corvette Action Center SPEEDFREAK!

DaleB said:
Try it awhile before you get wild about putting a lot of money into "speed parts". You just may find it goes plenty fast as it is. Small items like the K&N filter and for $600+ a better exhaust system will make you feel better and keep you going fast.

:D I whole-heartedly agree! :upthumbs

I had a 95 auto. And right now I have a 89 mustang that runs mid-13's. I know, I know it's a mustang. And I just sold my R1. =P So I'm pretty sure I will mod it. But not at first. Doesn't a stock 94 6-speed run like 13.9's ,13.8's in the 1/4? Would you recommed a K and N filter over like a cold air or ram air set-up? I know what works on 5.0's, not quite sure are the best bolt-on for your dollar on a vette though, I appreciate all your help.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom