Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1996 Callaway CE For Sale??

shopview

Corvette
94 Callaway SNAT450TT,96 Callaway CE,91 B2K TT-001
Anyone looking for a 1996 Callaway Collectors Edition Convertible (both tops) with Aerobody, Callaway car cover, and Callaway Runflat wheels please send me an email.

The price would be extremely reasonable and we are taking offers. The car is in EXCELLENT shape and you are more than welcome to come view and drive the vehicle prior to making an offer. I have the clear title, owners manual, build sheet and window sticker. 29k miles currently. Automatic, Silver CE interior.

We have not made up our mind whether to sell it or not but are running out of room for toys. We bought the car for my wife to drive but it pretty much looks great sitting in the garage as she is scared to drive it. My white 1994 Callaway is not for sale as some have asked.

What is a reasonable offer?

Could you email me privately with that information. I am very interested and I live in San Antonio. I am planning to buy a C5 , but this would be nicer...

Several people have emailed about the car. If we listed it on Ebay we would have a reserve of $33k. We would perfer to sell it to a member of the forum before listing it on ebay or at a auction.

Thank you for your interest....please feel free to make a offer via email.

Shop,
Is this the same one that was for sale in Atlanta back in April. I think someone from the board posted the ph.# if this the same one. Did you have to do anything major? Did you do just the wheels? Did you have Callaway do anything to the motor or is it still stock?
Thanks for any info

Redmanf1,

Must be a different car. This car was originally from Chicago but clearly garage kept. We had Chevrolet put new OEM GM weatherstrips on this fall so it is in great shape. The engine is stock stock just waiting for Jim Jones to massage it at Callaway. The aerobody still has the Callaway manufacturing tags in the right places ;). The Callaway runflat wheels were purchased from Callaway. If your interested let me know. I can pick you up at DFW Intl if you wanted to fly in and check her out.

Thanks,
Mark

So if i see it correct it's a normal 96 CE with an Aerobody?
I assumed the 1996 Callaway Collectors Edition Convertible included the SNAT package but it doesn't have it as i see now...
Or am i wrong?

Groeten Peter.

Peter,

Callaway cars from 1992 onwards were built with option packages such as (Not sure about the details of pre 92 build options) :

Aerobody
Runflats
Coil Overs
Exhaust Package
Leather Interior Package
Brake Packages
Aerobody Car Cover
Run Flat Wheels
Non Run Flat Wheels
etc.

Each page was sold as a separate item so we could build 'em as we could afford them :)

But yes you are correct:

1996 Callaway Corvette Collectors Edition with the Aerobody and Run Flat wheel packages only. Any additional Callaway features such as a SNAT engine could be done at the new owners request by Callaway and Joanne can quote prices if you wanted a certain option. Anyone interested should certainly come see & drive the vehicle and I can should them the Callaway Catalog and point them to Joanne for additional mods / details. My 1994 (see Avatar as it states Supernatural whereas CE doesn't) has every option except Speedster center exhaust in case someone wants to "stare and compare" both cars side by side for the package options available.

Thanks for asking and Happy New Year in Holland

Thank you for your quick reply Mark,

I always thought the options where available in addition to the SNAT option, i didn't know you could order them seperatly. But i learn every day so thanks for the info!!

And of course a Happy 05 to you in Texas (of course everybody else to :D)

Groeten Peter.

This is why I thought it was the same car. I have some info from when I was checking on the car, what damage where the kit was put on and so on. I also contacted Joanne from Callaway with the ser # and she had no info on it. Here are some pic’s. Below is a part of a conversion with someone from the board.

From the ad: Corvette '96 Conv Coll Edt. Callaway conver. sil, auto all opt, Bose, 27kmi $22k oboI think 22k is a little high esp. since you mentioned the wear (which seems odd compared to mileage) and the LT1/auto, when the 6 spd. / LT4 was so hot!(and only the wrapper, not the engine, etc.)I personally do not see a collector ed. selling for much more that another 96, esp an LT1 car - The Aerobody does not hurt value but maybe adds a shade - 17k would be my price on that one based upon what you said - Lots more if it was a SNAT 450
f5b7f6ec.jpg
f5b7f6e5.jpg
f5b7f6e1.jpg

Might be the same but I did not get it from Atlanta. What type of wear did the car you are referring to have?? Our car is in excellent shape inside and out.:D

Joanne has the serial number on file under my name. I was just at Callaway a few weeks ago and verified. If you are interested in the car I can email pics of whatever areas you want to see or fell free to come give her a spin!

On autotrader.com CE go for $19-28k depending on mileage/cond/etc, without the Callaway options.

89x2....what is your opinion on a fair price for this car? You've seen the pics.

Thanks,
Mark

Shop,

I think you are right on target (w/reserve) considering all the options, Both Tops, Aerobody & paint, Wheels & Tires, Coil Overs and Brakes, over the price of a std '96 CE. I've seen a few pics of it before.

My $.02 worth!

Happy New Year
:m

-Luigi
:cool

Sorry to say but a collector edition with just the runflats and aerobody is not worth 33K I bought my TT with 3319 miles in mint condition for less than the reserve you were asking . I am not knocking the car in any way but it does not have the HEART of a true Callaway . To add that HEART would cost you at least 15k that brings the price of the car up to 48k if you wanted a True Callaway you can find them for less than that . There was a ZR1 Aerobody with 475 package with 10k mile for less that it would cost to make this a true Callaway with the Heart of a monster
TurboLuigi said:
Shop,

I think you are right on target (w/reserve) considering all the options, Both Tops, Aerobody & paint, Wheels & Tires, Coil Overs and Brakes, over the price of a std '96 CE. I've seen a few pics of it before.

My $.02 worth!

Happy New Year
:m

-Luigi

Thanks Luigi, I think the price is right too if anyone is interested from what I can tell (I checked with several folks before targeting the reserve).

If not....she's a keeper!:Steer

The ZR1 aerobody (purple or steel blue I think) that I saw previously (at Corvettes of Dallas) had a Doug Rippie motor / tranny and was in pretty rough shape.

This engine is stock and that gives the opporunity to finish it out with all the Callaway options ....SNAT450 ;)

Callaway4fun,

It you ever see another TT with 3k miles on it under $33k let me know....that is a steal!!! Congratulations, that car wasn't even through the break-in period and was 60% off the sticker price:BOW . Wow :upthumbs

I did not think the car had coil overs or brembo brakes or at least when I checked on it 7 months ago. Did you get the contact info on the car from the person that posted it here on the board? I thought so by the comment’s. I offered berry $17K and could have been done @ $18K but I was waiting for title info and talking to someone from the board about value. I guess that is when you offered more and he sold it to you. I guess that I do not see that kind of increase in value. Below was your post. You then said the car came from SC.

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?p=385167#post385167

I believe the Callaway ZR-1 that callaway4fun was referring to is this one. It is a 475 Callaway with 10K miles, one owner.

3.jpg

19.jpg

5.jpg

Yes this is the car Barry in SC bought it from William in Chicago.... Your question about Atlanta put me at a loss. We've put some money it to her since we bought her from Barry...:)

I think we've decided to keep her...and add the SNAT this year. She's in great shape and low miles so why not, keeps my 94 company. Plus if my wife ever complains about not having a toy of her own I can just point to it :)

Is this ZR1 for sale? How much did/do they want for it? This is different from the one in Dallas...

Shop,

After all this discussion I am glad to hear that you are not parting with it. :grouphug:

It's a very sweet looking car. You have put quite a bit into it - and the right way.

Best Wishes for the coming New Year! :beer

-Luigi

Thanks Luigi...I think I've talked the Mrs. into polishing her off this summer with the rest of the mods and letting the value grow over the years. Anyone know how many 1996 Convertible Callaway CEs there are?

Next time your in Dallas look me up...

So consensus is there are 3 1996 CE's.....maybe these will appreciate over the years ;)

*89x2* said:
Big John has one w/ 18" RW's and there was another w/ the runflats - maybe in the south...
The car on the right of my Avatar is Big John's car. The RW's look really good on it!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom