Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1996 Climate Control problems

B

bobrob

I have a '96 LT-1 and the automatic climate control seems to have lost its mind. When I put it on Auto the fan goes to zero, I can't control the temperature, etc. I recently changed the battery, and I think that is when the problem began. Could the problem be the climate control computer? If so, is there any way to fix it?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob
Jackson, MS

Bob,

The unit can not, and or is not serviced. You simply have to replace it. At one time when the cars were newer they were done on an exchange basis. Don't buy a used one.

Before you replace it however, bone up on the repair manual and the section on retrieving codes from the climate control unit. There is a slim chance something else is causing the problem.

I can't remember what we paid for ours, but I think it was around $100-$150 new from G.M.

You can replace it in about 30 minutes with basic tools.

Global warming

Doesn't seem like in our '90 with electronic climate control. The heater door is not moving and therefore we get no heat! The previous owner had the heater damper motor replaced along with the control unit. Now, less than a year later, the problem seems to have resurfaced. GM has a service bulletin that covers the problem, but I have to wait for NTSC to send me a copy. Does anyone have any experience with why these heater doors fail to operate?

Thanks for your help and consideration,

Louie

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom