Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 1996 LT4 with Corsa Before and After HP

1996 LT4 Topic
Need your takeoff exhaust....

Well, I don't have any place to store the stock exhaust that was taken off. So, unless someone claims it today, I am having the shop that did the install toss it. If I hung on to every part that I replaced on the car, I'd probably be living in a Sanford and Son episode (a junk yard).

So, is the consensus here that the dyno numbers that I got for my car were ok for a pretty much stock LT4?

Nick.....I just saw this thread. Do you still have the stock exhaust? Please PM or phone me at 901-233-9260 (Memphis). I'll buy and/or pay for shipping if you still have it.

Thanks.

Boeingdriver

The resonance is already right at the limit that I'll tolerate. I suspect an X-pipe won't gain much on a reasonably stock car, and will probably increase the resonance a fair bit.

If I do any more exhaust changes, I'll probably swap over to a Corsa system downstream from some longtubes. :beer

The X pipe will make it a lot louder inside but it and HP 2 3/4 inlet mufflers will make more HP than any 2 1/2 cat back. But the Corsa is a well made unit and it is quiet inside. My neighbor has one a 94 LT1 and it has a nice mellow sound. I was going to buy a Corsa but I found this Borla that was one year old for $300.00 and it is like new and it sounds Good.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom