Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1999 A/C problems

jtaylor

Corvette
1999 Coupe
I have a 1999 coupe with the auto A/C. It just started this problem. Witht he A/C on the air from the passenger side is good and cold. The drivers side is alot warmer.

Any thoughts?

James

I assume you have the dual zone unit. Make sure the temperature on the driver's side is set to where you want it, say 70 degrees. Then, make sure the passenger side knob is pointing straight up. You should be getting the same temperature air out of both sides. If not, there may be a problem with one of the doors inside the HVAC unit itself. If that's the case, take it to a dealer to look at.

Check your codes. I learnt a valuable lesson this weekend, trust the GM engineers.

I had hot air coming out the driver’s side and cold air coming out the passenger side of the HVAC ducts. Reviewing the forum I came to the conclusion that I was low on Freon. I started to add Freon and the pressure was already high enough.

I tried removing the fuse 27 and resetting the codes HVAC B0441 H which did not help. Well, I went to the book and HVAC B0441 H was for the left hand electric motor actuator. The actuator is $213 so my question was trust GM’s BIT (Built in test) or have the dealer troubleshoot and fix.

The lesson I learnt is GM knows what they are doing and replacing the actuator myself, fixed the problem. It was not a easy job removing the dash pad and getting to the actuator, but a satisfying job that I fixed the problem and saved 4 to 5 hours of labor costs.

Check your codes. I learnt a valuable lesson this weekend, trust the GM engineers.

I had hot air coming out the driver’s side and cold air coming out the passenger side of the HVAC ducts. Reviewing the forum I came to the conclusion that I was low on Freon. I started to add Freon and the pressure was already high enough.

I tried removing the fuse 27 and resetting the codes HVAC B0441 H which did not help. Well, I went to the book and HVAC B0441 H was for the left hand electric motor actuator. The actuator is $213 so my question was trust GM’s BIT (Built in test) or have the dealer troubleshoot and fix.

The lesson I learnt is GM knows what they are doing and replacing the actuator myself, fixed the problem. It was not a easy job removing the dash pad and getting to the actuator, but a satisfying job that I fixed the problem and saved 4 to 5 hours of labor costs.

I agree this is most likely the problem, driver's side motorized damper.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom