Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1999 c6

K

Keithdrummond

Can anyone tell me if this car has any adjustment for the clutch play? I'm hoping that I don't need a new one:ugh

I would appreciate any advice. The manual doesn't really get into it.

Hi Keith. I'm sorry but I can't help with your question and I want to make sure it's in the correct forum to solicit help.

You've listed your Vette as a 1999 model, but referred to it as a C6 and posted in the C6 forum. Since the 1997-2004 models are referred to as C5's, I will correct your thread title AND move the thread to the C5 forum... I just need you to verify that this would be a correct assumption on my part.

We'll get you there! :thumb

:wJane Ann

Hi Keith. I'm sorry but I can't help with your question and I want to make sure it's in the correct forum to solicit help.

You've listed your Vette as a 1999 model, but referred to it as a C6 and posted in the C6 forum. Since the 1997-2004 models are referred to as C5's, I will correct your thread title AND move the thread to the C5 forum... I just need you to verify that this would be a correct assumption on my part.

We'll get you there! :thumb

:wJane Ann
Don't really matter if it's a C5 or C6 on this one Jane Ann,C5's and C6's have Hydraulic clutch set up's that are basically the same and have no adjustments!~!!!:thumb
I don't know what kind of problem he's having,But a clutch fluid change may help!~!!:thumb:thumb

:beer

C5 or C6, both have hydraulic clutches so there aren't any adjustments - they work until they don't work.

C5 or C6, both have hydrolic clutches so there aren't any adjustments - they work until they don't work.

Is that what they have in Oklahoma...."hyd-roll-ic" clutches?
:happyanim:

Actually, there is an "adjustment" for most C5/C6 clutches but it can only be performed to the pressure plate when it's out of the car.

As implied earlier, as long as the clutch hydraulics are working properly, if there is "play" or the clutch release point is way high or way low, you're probably looking at a replacement.

Is that what they have in Oklahoma...."hyd-roll-ic" clutches?
:happyanim:

Actually, there is an "adjustment" for most C5/C6 clutches but it can only be performed to the pressure plate when it's out of the car.

As implied earlier, as long as the clutch hydraulics are working properly, if there is "play" or the clutch release point is way high or way low, you're probably looking at a replacement.
In SoCal, it's "hy-rrrrolllica"

and you gotta roll the "r's!":chuckle

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom