Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2 1/2" ram horns

Jake73

Corvette
1973 coupe
Hi, Iam new to the forum and hope someone can help. Iam looking for 2 1/2" ram horns for my '73. I know the mid 60's vettes used them on the 327's and they will fit 350's also but the ones I have seen have an accessories bracket on them. Will they still work or would you have to remove the bracket somehow? Also, would like some ideas where to look. Thanks

Jake73

Thanks Vettehead Mikey, I had been looking on ebay but had not found alot. I am not real interested in increasing flow too much. The motor already has an intake, I think heads but maybe just valves, and exhaust with a H-pipe and flowmaster 40's (I inherited the car and it has had some engine mods but I do not know exactlly what). It has great top end but not alot of low-end torque and I thought if I added to much more flow I would lose even more. Just wanted to find out if anyone has put the 2 1/2" manifolds on a 350 and if they had to modify the brackets. Plus where to look more. Thanks

I believe they can still be ordered through GM and are well worth considering especially for a nicely setup SB. BAR NONE they have THE BEST flow characteristics available short of headers! It's been a while since I've looked at these but I seem to recall the GM replacements may include a 60s style alternator bracket? Sorry I can't be more specific, maybe later I can look up the part#s for you. THey obviously fit and retain a stock look. You're right midyears often got them. I know guys that have put in true 2.5s on their C3 LT1s (which came w/ necked down 2.5" pipes anyway) and they ran liked scalded dogs afterwards. Maybe Vettehead Mikey's dog had a bag case of the drops when he did his before and after dyno runs? ;) ;) ;)

Good luck - these are one of the slicker options available if you want to foregoe headers and have a nicely built up engine needing a little breathing room. Note that if your 73 is a stock L48 it may not make that big of a difference.

Maybe Vettehead Mikey's dog had a bag case of the drops when he did his before and after dyno runs? ;) ;) ;)

So you're back, and true to form can't seem to post anything without taking a personal swipe at another member. Gee, sure does raise the tone of the forum. :eyerole

So you're back, and true to form can't seem to post anything without taking a personal swipe at another member. Gee, sure does raise the tone of the forum. :eyerole

Sharing facts regarding 2.5" vs 2" Ram's horns are a "personal swipe"? :confused :confused :confused Seriously dude - if your dog is like really sick I'm like really sorry 'bout using that dog expression.

Jake,

If there's a pad and pencil within personal swiping distance here's some GM part#s that might be of interest to you. According to my info these are current p#s that can be used to purchase 2.5s through a GM dealer. Hope it helps.

3814970 discontinued Nov/2004
3797901 discontinued May/2005

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom