Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2 questions

R

RalleyRed

1st can the lens for my interior (dome) lights be restored. As in make them white again instead of the 34 yr. old yellow they are now? Does anyone know if I can get them new anywhere?

# 2 , well really #3 I have a late 68 with the door panels with the grab bar, after buying new one's I found out that there was an earlier style with out these and thats all they reporduce.
Anyone know where I can get these later styled door panels?

Thanks for any thought's guy's

Rick

Hi Rick,

I don't know of any way to restore the color of yellowed plastic. You might try asking on the NCRS Techinal Discussion Board. If there is a way to do it sombody there will know. www.ncrs.org .
I can find listings in most of the catalogs for the lens and housing for '63 to '73 except '68. Looks like one more of those '68 only things.

I also can't find a catalog that lists the '68 door panels with the pull. They all show the pull starting in '69 and that panel is a different design than the '68. Give Al Knock a call on this. If anybody knows, they do.

http://www.alknochinteriors.com/welcome.htm

I do remember people adding pulls to the '68 panel back then. One originally equiped would have the moulded in indent for the pull. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Tom

Thanks Tom,

These lens are 68 only, though I can't figure out why they changed them. There are 2 of them mounted in the pillars right behind your head, they lit up the interior pretty nicely.

The door panel's are late 68 and do have the molded indent's, because there were so few made with these panels I'm told that 's why they don't reproduce'em. I bought new one's before I found out they only make the early style.
Mine aren't that bad and if I can't get this style I may just keep these.

Thanks for the links, I'll check'em and if I find anything I'll share the info.

Rick

Rick,

You can usually get some good clear coat type car paint polish, a good clean soft rag, and plenty of elbow grease. I can't say for sure on your particular part, but I have made plenty of blinker lenses, headlights (late model composite), instrument cluster gauge covers, trim pieces, and other small lense materials look like new with some polish.

I learned this from the Ford Mustang boys. They have a bad problem on the fox body stang of the front headlight composite lenses turning yellow. Nothing you can't cure with some good polish and a high speed buffer.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom