Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2 years of ownership today

RHL_08

Corvette
2008 Black Z51
Well, it dawned on me today as I was watching my odometer go from 79,999 to 80,000 miles that I had bought my Z51 two years ago. I would not have thought that I would hit 2 years and 80,000 miles on the same day.

Other than the creaking roof that I had when the car was new, and the right rear tire reading "flat" every so often I have been really pleased with the car. "Pleased", ...HA! I still get that grin on my face as I battle the clueless in Houston traffic. These days you have to get your entertainment where you can find it.

Cheers
Bob

Happy Anniversary, Bob.
:)

I passed my two year anniversary in August. Sadly, my Corvette has seen very little street time since December started. We've had a week of on-again, off-again snows. And hyper cold! On the drive home tonight, at 5:30 PM, it was -2 degrees.

Since my Corvette can't be driven year-round here in Colorado, my mileage is a bit less than yours. I haven't even hit the 25,000 mile mark yet.

Well fellow Texan you make me feel bad. Mine will three years old today and I have 10,200. This is my fifth and I like you smile every time I start it. I don't what I,m gonna do when I get too old to get in and out of the thing but the Vette is the only way to go. Congrats..

It'll be 2 years in April for me and mine,08 z51.15,900 miles or so.It's laid up for winter till May at least.Happy Birthday to you!!:)

Bob,

I like your attitude about driving the car. My thought is that if I wasn't going to drive it much and it would just sit there, what's the point in spending all that money to buy it?

I could look at them at the dealership for free.

I could rent one for cheaper than it'd cost to buy one.

But when you buy a car like this, you're simply not enjoying it if you're not driving it. How much joy can you get by looking at it sit in the driveway?

I don't drive my Z as much as I would like to. It's just easier warming the Toyota up in the cold mornings. But if I have a late day, the Z will be driven. :D

wow bob thats alot of miles! i have that on my 02 and I worry!but...we enjoy-right?:thumb

I will have had my 08 Z51 2 years in May but don't think I'll be at 80K miles by then. I have 7K on it right now. Mine has a touch of that new smell in it still and not a scratch. Better go get a few rock dings on the front so I can say it's used. LOL! But I know what you mean by that Houston traffic. One reason I moved out to Sugar Land.

That roof fix is easy with the Lowe's u clips. Did mine the first week I had it.

I recently got an email from GM that I owned by C6 Z51 w/npp exhaust for 2 years this past november...

It has 24k miles on it. What a great vehicle. GM outdid themselves with the C6. Imo..

Fast, comfortable and relatively inexpensive. of course I'm digging the new 2010 Grand Sport coupe with its dry sump oiling system, wider fenders/wheels and tires and all the other goodies and I'd love to buy one....but since I own this o8 I'll hang back and just admire the new Grand Sport and ZR1.

Wonderful heritage and hopefully a long future for the brand.

Congrats to all those who also are enjoying their premium American Sports car.

JB

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom