Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

20,000 miles in 8 weeks!!!!

Who needs air transportation when you can fly low in a Red SC580??? I think instead of where's Waldo-we should start a game of Where's Chris???

After Cruise Fest I I left Auburn with 300 miles on a new CE '04 for Portland Or. Then to Greenville SC and then back to NW Ohio. Twenty four days, 6800+ miles, not something I normally do but got a message that I had a new grandaughter on the East coast while I was on the west coast. Fun ride except the right seat starts making noise at about 135.

She's a sweetheart and worth the drive.

KEYS, WHAT KEYS????
THEY HAVE NOT USED KEYS FOR FOUR YEARS NOW!!!!

MARK, MAYBE YOU CAN TALK CHRIS INTO A NICE LONG TEST DRIVE.

Ah yes, forgot about that....but I still have first ups when he is on vacation ok?

Chris be sure you stop by for dinner while you're in town

Who needs air transportation when you can fly low in a Red SC580??? I think instead of where's Waldo-we should start a game of Where's Chris???

ok, I will be collecting a few more states over the coming weeks. We should start a map :cool

After Cruise Fest I I left Auburn with 300 miles on a new CE '04 for Portland Or. Then to Greenville SC and then back to NW Ohio. Twenty four days, 6800+ miles, not something I normally do but got a message that I had a new grandaughter on the East coast while I was on the west coast. Fun ride except the right seat starts making noise at about 135.

She's a sweetheart and worth the drive.

Congrats on the new addition :cool

Ah yes, forgot about that....but I still have first ups when he is on vacation ok?

Chris be sure you stop by for dinner while you're in town

Mark, where at?? ;shrug I'll be there :m

So what will come first??

car%20seat%201.bmp

or

1389071893_cebd4fde78.jpg

;LOL

Sorry... couldn't pass up the opportunity for a laugh?

-Luigi
:cool

Welcome to Florida??

photo7.jpg

Oh well, at least a few people got to go for a drive before that...

-Luigi
:cool

Chris, I'm right by the airport just pick a day and time and pm me your cell phone....good food right around the corner from our house. I'll be available.....bring the car ;)

...made it to Lafayette, LA :eek

A few observations from the road:

• From Florida to Louisiana, the further west, the less the odds were that slower driver would clear the left lane and keep right except to pass.
  • A trucker with a powerful (cb) radio activated the amps in the car (with the radio off) and they remained powered for some time :eek ) Now THAT is a CB!
  • Gas got VERY cheap in Louisiana. Premium gas was close to $4.00/gal :eek Regular was about $3.80
  • Fast food is not fast in the south...
  • Soccer moms and adolescents alike, take many camera-phone pics of the red car as it goes by :cool

...more later (car has 23,000 + miles on it now :cool )

...the less the odds were that slower driver would clear the left lane and keep right except to pass.

Yes, they drive all of us local Corvette drivers crazy too. :eyerole

Fast food is not fast in the south...

:L Welcome to the South. Even time slows down a little bit around here. :chuckle

:wJane Ann

Collecting a few more of the lower 48:

Eighteen States, in the last three weeks -

Awesome cars!!! :lou

1. MD
  2. PA
  3. OH
  4. MI
  5. IN
  6. IL
  7. VA
  8. NC
  9. SC
  10. GA
  11. FL
  12. DE
  13. NJ
  14. NY
  15. CT
  16. IA
  17. MO
  18. KS
  19. WV
  20. MA
  21. NH

...picked up three more states on this trip :w

22. AL
23. MS
24. LA

What a FANTASTIC road car!!!

...some of my observations today:

Car runs amazing! :lou

Gasoline got cheaper, the closer I got to Texas. Premium, under $4.00/gal eek

Signs posted in the median, left lane for passing ONLY!:thumb

Lots of refineries in Houston :eek Lots...

And finally, eating a late lunch at Chilis, a fella comes up and says, "Powerfully Engineered Automobiles, that must be your Callaway outside" (I was wearing my t shirt with that on the back). Guy knew all about Callaways and was pleased to know a dealer was in his town :cool Word is spreading!!! Of course, his camera phone came out... :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom