Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

20,000 miles in 8 weeks!!!!

I'm thoroughly enjoying your roadtrip and photos, Chris... but I hate we couldn't make the connection in Mississippi... would have LOVED filling the memory card on my camera with photos of that gorgeous red Callaway!

Next time!
:wJane Ann

How the heck have I missed reading this topic? Three pages long, and this is the first time I look at it! ;squint:

attachment.php

What in the world...? A 35th LE SS, ZL1 or Berger SS, and a 1999? Dale Earnhardt Edition Camaro SS?!?!?! (completely different from GMMG's Intimidator SS in case others are assuming that is what it is) Those are so limited, I don't even have accurate records for how many years they were produced! MAYBE one of three for 1999! Info! Must know some sort of info! :eek:hnoes

Am I buying? Depends where we go and if I get to drive :D.

(In reference to a pic) Don't run out of gas Chris, it's too hot outside here to push. ;) It was 102 today with about 40% humidity.

Better get some gas before you get to Dallas. The gas here in the city is about 4.30 I think instead of 4.

I'll bring my mom along in the Crapolla, or she'll bring me along in her SS. The Z28 was hit by a hit and run driver and isn't pretty enough to be seen. :ugh Besides... my mom will probably want to take the Callaway for a spin. :cool

You're going to be in East Dallas which is an area I'm not used to being in. You should bring it west so I can go cruise for chicks at Northpark mall... :upthumbs j/k

That last pic should be titled Welcome Home...

25th state on the tour????.....ya'll must not be from 'round here

...and a few more pics (others are on my phone :eek )

Callaway4Fun, the first pic was taken for you :m
...by the end of Aug., I will have added 20 k mi of seat time

KEYS, WHAT KEYS????
THEY HAVE NOT USED KEYS FOR FOUR YEARS NOW!!!!

MARK, MAYBE YOU CAN TALK CHRIS INTO A NICE LONG TEST DRIVE.

Ok, so the keys thing....the key fob is getting larger each year from Chevrolet - odd but yes I knew to just push the button...and then look for a clear lane of traffic...fast

So today at lunch (a fast lunch at that) we proved a few more things about this amazing Callaway creation. (Florida proved it doesn't melt in the rain)

1) We proved that is doesn't melt over 106 degrees.....it is extremely hot here with no rain

2) We double checked that the brakes are incredible, the acceleration is strong and the car is completely smooth even at idle, plus the suspension balance is sheer bliss

3) That the supercharger is truly music to my ears (I've have several supercharged cars and this one iscertainly integrated as a complete system both form and function + durability far beyond the others). It is not overbearing but just right...

and Chris took the action point to figure out a way to convince my better half that we need one or 2 ;help...without selling anything :thumb.

Awesome engineering, I can't wait to see John's beast

Thanks for the visit :bu be sure when you come back through we make it to the Motor Speedway.

..added another 1,000 miles since the oil change and fluid inspection at Parkway Chevrolet, yesterday :lou

Picked up two more states today, up to 27 :eek
  1. MD
  2. PA
  3. OH
  4. MI
  5. IN
  6. IL
  7. VA
  8. NC
  9. SC
  10. GA
  11. FL
  12. DE
  13. NJ
  14. NY
  15. CT
  16. IA
  17. MO
  18. KS
  19. WV
  20. MA
  21. NH
  22. AL
  23. MS
  24. LA
  25. TX

Add:
26. NM
27. CO

Chris it rained today in Dallas.....you did well bringing it from Florida as it has been months!

The vortex created by the SuperCharger must have dragged our clouds over to Texas ;LOL Way to Go! :thumb

We needed a break from the rain, last month got we 19" of it over here.

-Luigi
:cool

Hurricane Callaway? or Hurricane Chris? :chuckle

The vortex created by the SuperCharger must have dragged our clouds over to Texas ;LOL Way to Go! :thumb

We needed a break from the rain, last month got we 19" of it over here.

-Luigi
:cool

SO, NOW WE NO WHAT BROUGHT US 4 1/2 INCHES OF RAIN THIS LAST WEEKEND; LUIGI'S SUPER-CHARGED DYNO PULLS.
:eek:hnoes

Yes, My Brother and I have had a great time visiting. He thought the Callaway looked great! His car though has the same miles this 2008 Callaway has :cool

Off to Vettes on the Rockies, with a pit-stop in between ;)

28 MPG? You must have experienced the wonders of Texas Highways on your way up there. We always exceed the miles per gallon rating on the window sticker in all three of our cars as we head north (til we reach the hills near Amarillo--my Corolla mileage dips a LOT when we get there). Both Camaros do really well though-- 26 (automatic) to 29 MPG (manual). The Corolla gets 32 til the hills.

Oh, and the 348 looks nice.

What in the world is that bodykit on the silver C6? It's very interesting.

...the BIG three-ohhhh

..added another 1,000 miles since the oil change and fluid inspection at Parkway Chevrolet, yesterday :lou

Picked up two more states today, up to 27 :eek
  1. MD
  2. PA
  3. OH
  4. MI
  5. IN
  6. IL
  7. VA
  8. NC
  9. SC
  10. GA
  11. FL
  12. DE
  13. NJ
  14. NY
  15. CT
  16. IA
  17. MO
  18. KS
  19. WV
  20. MA
  21. NH
  22. AL
  23. MS
  24. LA
  25. TX
  26. NM
  27. CO
Added the following states today :lou

28. UT
29. AZ
30. NV

:eek

The Callaway SC580 now has over 26,000 miles on it - what an amazing car!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom