Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

20% off on NEW loaded C6! 39.9 wow! Whats going on?

JBsC5

-umper Chevolet have an ad in todays paper (AJC) for a new C6 Vette at $39,999.00.

MSRP is $50,535.00.

That is 79.15 percent of (f)(one too many f's here..thanks guys!) sticker price... 20.85 percent below MSRP.

This is NOT a stripped model...

Equiped with:

Auto with paddle shift
Sports bucket seats
Heads up display
Memory package
Heated seats
6 disc CD player
Bose 7 speaker package
XM radio and more

Anybody have a guess what the 08 models are adding to corvette that would make dealers try and move as many c6s as possible..?

Are you sure about this?

Must be some humped and bumped up sticker price? If

JBsC5 said:
That is 79.15 percent off sticker price.

If this $39,999.00. is 20.85 percent below an MSRP of $50,535.00

Maybe it should read?

79.15 percent of sticker price at $39,999.00

At that price, the dealership is losing money on the sale.

Is that right ???

I just looked it up, a loaded coupe is around $58,000, not $50,000.

Edmonds will give you invoice ,What it doesn't give you is the hold back,basicly a kick back to the dealer by G M. Hold back on a vett use to be about 3 %.Then GM from time to time have incentives of up to $1000 to move certain models.Do your homework and simple math .

Edmonds will give you invoice ,What it doesn't give you is the hold back,basicly a kick back to the dealer by G M. Hold back on a vett use to be about 3 %.Then GM from time to time have incentives of up to $1000 to move certain models.Do your homework and simple math .

I did the simple math, 79.15% of $50,535.00 comes to $39,998.4525

But as posted reads;

JBsC5 said:
That is 79.15 percent off sticker price

Which would have the price as $10,536.5475. Now this price would be 79.15% off of sticker price.

As originally worded it is a discount of 20.85% off of the $50,535.00 price.

:upthumbs

I did the simple math, 79.15% of $50,535.00 comes to $39,998.4525

But as posted reads;

Which would have the price as $10,536.5475. Now this price would be 79.15% off of sticker price.

As originally worded it is a discount of 20.85% off of the $50,535.00 price.

:upthumbs
I'm sure JB will look at it and realize he made a mistake. NBD.......

Actually, that is not that hard to believe. Kerbeck has deep discounts - $9k off a Z51 coupe; $7,500 off a vert. Who knows why, but if you want one, sounds like a good time to buy.

One too many F's ...sorry guys...

The price discount bringing the cool Vette to 39.9 is a hell of a deal....

Wonder what the 08's are bringing to the table..

Usually dealers do this to move an enormous amount of vehicles in a year before some wild @ss crazy improvements coming..

Now it could be the base ls3 with anywhere between 425 hp and 450hp...or the Blue devil at 650hp?

What do U think...

Which of these cars are coming to dealerships near you with some connection to the volume of 07's sold?

or is it just the auto industry is in a huge slump? and dealers are just moving the metal?

It sounds like 2004 has returned. The prices were like that when I bought my 2004. I may need to look into buying a 2007.

The dealer near me has recently sold two Z06's at MSRP with no markup. They sat in the showroom for a couple weeks with a markup and when they didn't move they gave in and sold them for MSRP. I also have been to Kerbecks a couple of times and I think they have the best deals around. I also noticed a couple of local dealers still trying to sell some leftover 06's that were greatly reduced.

-umper Chevolet have an ad in todays paper (AJC) for a new C6 Vette at $39,999.00.

MSRP is $50,535.00.

That is 79.15 percent of (f)(one too many f's here..thanks guys!) sticker price... 20.85 percent below MSRP.

This is NOT a stripped model...

Equiped with:

Auto with paddle shift
Sports bucket seats
Heads up display
Memory package
Heated seats
6 disc CD player
Bose 7 speaker package
XM radio and more

Anybody have a guess what the 08 models are adding to corvette that would make dealers try and move as many c6s as possible..?
They may have one and it will have a sold sign on it. This add is to get people into the car store to sell year end stock IMO.

This was a left over 2006 in the calendar year 2007?

the dealer wanted it moved and advertised it and sold it.

The c6 Z06 was so hot and I would imagine sales volume of the coupe and convertible was a basis point for the C6 Z06, the special SS (or whatever its called ) and the special models GM has planned....(ron fellows edition and the other special gold model with the flags on it etc)

The 08 model c6 coupe/vert will have an additional 25 hp and a 6.2 motor...maybe up to 50hp...(probably 25)

Corvette buyers tend to want the latest and greatest and plan long term ownership...so they will wait for the higher hp new" model more than most buyers of other brands...

GM's bolstering sales and don't kid yourself so many market segments are slowing...(even sports cars or should I say especially sports cars?)

The economy in many ways is in the dumper for luxury items (not the ultra rich)

10 grand off 25% off msrp is not unheard of in the industry today especially outside the corvette brand...in todays environment.

Just joined CAC, and like what I see!

Regarding the price for a new C6 - I purchased a new 2007 C6 coupe from Kerbecks (Atlantic City, NJ) in late Dec 06. Sticker price was $55,985 (3LT, Atomic Orange, Chrome Wheels, Z51 and incl'd shipping) - they discounted it $7750 for a sale price of $48235. (I arrived at 1:00pm unnounced and drove away with a new C6 at 4:00pm.) However, I've not seen them give the $7750 discount on coupes since then; maybe they were trying to move some C6's before the end of the month/year. They still offer C6's for a pretty good price - check their website (kerbecks.com) and look under Corvette Special Offers.

up to $8,000 off list!

EVS of Random Lake, WI ( Wisconsin's largest Vette Dealer) has had an add running in the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinal for "up to" $8,000 off list.
I just ordered my coupe and it listed at $56,410. I got something like $5,700 off list. They will really deal on vehicles in stock or on order. But will not take as much off on special ordered cars like mine. Either way, they treated me as if my business mattered. I can't wait to get the car. It will be

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom