Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 2000 Alignment suggestions

rch105

Corvette
2000 Magnetic Red II Coupe
Since this place is the best of the best, and I've always gotten sound advice, I am hopeful someone can help me again.

Last week I replaced the stock GY run-flats (245/45-17 fronts, 275/40-18 rears) with the stock size non runflat Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance tires. I have an alignment coming up and I am looking for suggestions on the alignment specs best suited for overall handling AND tire wear. I realize that one must sacrifice sometimes and I'll have to meet the middle ground, but I'm hoping I can get something that won't wear the inside edges to quickly. I ended up with about 5/32" tread except on the insides...which displayed some cord showing...not good! So, your suggestions please for an otherwise stock Vette. It does not have the Z51 package. Thanks!

That depends on how you are going to drive it.
Being close to a 0 deg camber will yield a longer tread life but you will loose a little bit of corning at high speeds. You can make this up with a higher deg of caster though. If you set 50lbs on your drivers seat of better yet if you can sit in it while the alignment is being measured you better represent what you will get while driving.

So front
camber = -.05deg
Caster = 6.50deg
Total toe in = .10deg

Rear
Camber = -.10deg
Total toe = .00deg

My tires are wearing very flat across at 30psi up front and 33psi in the rear

Hope this helps,
P.S. finding a place that can fit your car is hard
Make sure the turntables that are used are free turning with out any grit on all four corners to get the best measurements. If the tables cannot turn then the rubber is flexing and your alignment will not be accurate.

I have good tire wear with factory 1999 settings, but I have had the front tires dismounted and remounted (left to right and vice versa) around 10k miles to even out the wear. This has yielded great results with "flat" tire wear.

Of course this will cost you a little extra money, but you will get maximum wear out of your tires.

CG

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom