Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 2000 Vette heating up

Empty3

Corvette
2000 White Vette; 1990 White Vette
Hi All,

Empty3 here and new to this Forum.

I have a 2000 Vette that is heating up (approx 98,000 miles).

a. Checked for debris in front - clear
b. Changed thermostat - now new (also about 2 gallons of antifreeze)
c. Checked relays (for fans - noted there are three) by interchanging them - all seem to work.
d. I did notice some clicking noise on driver side fan - possibly going out, but then fan clicked in.
e. After about 15 minutes running idle and steady temperature, temperature elevated from 190 to about 240 (even with both fans on, with A/C) and kept rising fast - all within 10-15 seconds.

I suspect a fan motor going out or not spinning at right rpm, and I was made aware of air pockets in the cooling system and relief points along the hoses. Where do I look for these relief valves/points on a 2000 Vette? I was told 'along the hoses' but I wanted more specific locations.
Do you relieve the 'pressure' while hot?

Empty3

HI there,
Based on your mileage, you probably have dirt in between the fins, creating loss of air flow through it.
This is common place among higher mileage c5/c6.
You can either remove the radiator and attempt to flush out the fins with high pressure water or replace it.
But, my guess is, when you remove it, you will see it.
Allthebest, c4c5

HI there,
Based on your mileage, you probably have dirt in between the fins, creating loss of air flow through it.
This is common place among higher mileage c5/c6.
You can either remove the radiator and attempt to flush out the fins with high pressure water or replace it.
But, my guess is, when you remove it, you will see it.
Allthebest, c4c5

Thanks for the feedback. I did reach under and run my fingers across the fins and noted lots of tiny pebbles falling down.

Empty3

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom