Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2000 vette

T

tunedportvette

Hey guys I was checking out a 2000 corvette on the internet and the owner says the turn signals don't always work the abs needs servicing and the right headlight makes noise when opening. Any ideas what these problems could be? They said the dealer estimated $1000-$1500 to repair
Thanks for the help

The intermittent turn signal may be due to a wire being pinched in the door jam. There are a bundle of wires in a flexible tube running from the door into the dash area. Gently pull and move around that bundle and see if it helps. As for the headlight noise -- that one is an easy diagnosis. That is the gear going out that raises the light assembly. Those gears are notorious for going out. Get metal replacements to end it for good! When mine went out I replace both sides with metal gears. Hope this helps.

What wires running from the door affect the turn signals? where do you get the metal replacement gears and how hard are they to replace? Thanks for the help!

Oops! Sorry about the turn signal thing. That was the wrong advice for that peoblem! ;shrug Remember that advice if you ever have problems with the electric windows.

As for the metal gears for the lights. Any of the corvette suppliers sell them. I bought mine form Mid-America Motorworks.

Corvette Parts & Accessories from Mid America Motorworks, 866-350-4540#

I don't know what the 2000 is going for, but there are thousands of Corvettes out there for sale. It's a true buyer's market so my advice is to keep looking...especially if you are dealing lon distance and can't actually see the car!

Elaine

The turn signal issue is probably the Hazard light switch needs replacing. I think there is a TSB on it.
Bruce

The turn signal issue is probably the Hazard light switch needs replacing. I think there is a TSB on it.
Bruce
I agree- A friend if mine had the same problem with his '01 and had to replace the flasher. Not hard to do but time consuming because you have to take apart a good deal of the dashboard and console-It lives behind the hazard light button in the center of the dash!

I have a 2000 and the turn signal problem is the main hazard light switch is failing. Happens all the time. the switch is cheap but the dash practically has to come out to replace it. there is a company that sells a override device that can be plugged in and eliminate the turn signal problem. the headlight gears are just worn out.. cheap to fix yourself and replace with bronze gear. i did mine no problem. edram454

Hey guys I was checking out a 2000 corvette on the internet and the owner says the turn signals don't always work the abs needs servicing and the right headlight makes noise when opening. Any ideas what these problems could be? They said the dealer estimated $1000-$1500 to repair
Thanks for the help

The turn signal issue is the hazard switch. A well documented problem and a somewhat easy fix. Parts are about $45 dollars. Here are the detailed instructions on how to fix it yourself. And no, you don't have to remove the dash pad to get to it as the manual will instruct you to do. It is rather easy to replace.

You can also buy the hazard switch bypass cable from Richard at Corvette Enhancements. It bypasses the turn signal circuit by eliminating the wiring from going through the hazard switch. The hazard switch still works normally, it will just no longer affect the turn signals.

The ABS problem can be fixed by sending your ECBM module to ABSFixer. He specializes in this repair and can have your unit fixed and shipped back to you overnight.

The grinding noise is the headlight gear. Here are detailed instructions on how to fix it yourself. All of these are common problems and if fixed yourself, is a very affordable repair.

Drive over to Kentucky and I'll fix them all for a fraction of what you're thinking. :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom