Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2001 CD Player showing ERR message

63evelyn

Corvette
1959,1966 conv,1967 conv,1978,2001 Z06
I have a low millage 2001 Zo6 with a CD player problem. It has stopped working and shows an ERR message when a CD is inserted. I have a late 90's GM pickup with the same problem. Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks

I have a low millage 2001 Zo6 with a CD player problem. It has stopped working and shows an ERR message when a CD is inserted. I have a late 90's GM pickup with the same problem. Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks

Since you didn't specify, I'll toss out a thought: if you're using home-spun (i.e., 'burned') music CD's, these often seem to encounter fail-to-read problems with the CD player in the C5 (and likely, other GM vehicles). Try a commercially-produced music CD, like you'd have bought at a music store or online and see if you get the same problem.

I found the issue with my factory '04 radio/cd player not playing my home burned cd's. I've been using the CD-RW recently. The radio won't play ANY of those, but it plays EVERY CD-R, regardless of the brand.

If you are burning cd's, you'll have to use the CD-R only. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what to tell ya. Good luck!

Since you didn't specify, I'll toss out a thought: if you're using home-spun (i.e., 'burned') music CD's, these often seem to encounter fail-to-read problems with the CD player in the C5 (and likely, other GM vehicles). Try a commercially-produced music CD, like you'd have bought at a music store or online and see if you get the same problem.

I get the message with any CD in either vehicle. Thanks.

Last edited:
I found the issue with my factory '04 radio/cd player not playing my home burned cd's. I've been using the CD-RW recently. The radio won't play ANY of those, but it plays EVERY CD-R, regardless of the brand.

If you are burning cd's, you'll have to use the CD-R only. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what to tell ya. Good luck!

The CD player will not play any kind of CD in either vehicle. Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom