Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 2001 radio LOC after battery replacement, need help with code

jwm1156

Corvette
2001 Millenium Yellow Convertible
I replaced my battery and of course the radio ThefLock system has gone into LOC mode!
I did get the six digit code off the radio, so that I could get the four digit unlock code from GM.
I have obtained the radio unlock code from GM dealer help line. The code provided is a six digit code.
I also sent $12 to radio-code.com to retrieve my code. They also provided me with the same
six digit code.
I have not been able to find a way to enter more than a four digit code using the HR and MN buttons.

What am I missing ???
Thanks in advance for advice and help !!

I have followed all the instructions completely. The problem is, I am receiving a six digit code to un-lock the radio, rather than a four digit code.
I obtained the 6 digit code from the radio via the procedures ( it was 629622 ) and then called in the GM number and entered that six digit number.
The automated system gave me a six digit number ( 140760 ) to unlock the radio with using the MN and HR buttons. I have not found any possible way
to enter a six digit number. You can only get 4 digit number into the system. That is the dilemna.

This is beyond frustrating !!!!

Thanks for your reply, by at least looking at !!!

I have followed all the instructions completely. The problem is, I am receiving a six digit code to un-lock the radio, rather than a four digit code.
I obtained the 6 digit code from the radio via the procedures ( it was 629622 ) and then called in the GM number and entered that six digit number.
The automated system gave me a six digit number ( 140760 ) to unlock the radio with using the MN and HR buttons. I have not found any possible way
to enter a six digit number. You can only get 4 digit number into the system. That is the dilemna.

This is beyond frustrating !!!!

Thanks for your reply, by at least looking at !!!

I am just guessing since I have never had to do this, but try entering the middle 4 numbers "4076", or if that doesn't work try dropping the first two or last two numbers and see if that works. Good luck with it. :)

Never had to unlock the radio in my car. I will try to surf the net today and see if I can come up with something.

PS: Do you stop at 4 digits because that is all the display shows or do you keep entering and it will not take them?

Last edited:
Try this and see if it works:

Press the HR button and enter the first 2 digits (14).

Press the MN button and enter the last 2 digits. (60)

Press the am/fm button. SEC should be displayed.

Turn on radio.

Let me know if this works. Hope this helps

Tom

Last edited:
LOC mistake

Try this and see if it works:

Press the HR button and enter the first 2 digits (14).

Press the MN button and enter the last 2 digits. (60)

Press the am/fm button. SEC should be displayed.

Turn on radio.

Let me know if this works. Hope this helps

Tom

Everybody on this thread, please accept my apologies !!! I went over again and again the process I went through.... Then I stepped back and said let me do it again. Repeated the process to get my code off radio while in LOC mode to obtain 6 digit number to get unlock code... I made a mistake... The first 3 digits I got ( 622 ) I placed in last positions & the second 3 digits I got ( 629 ) I placed in first position, resulting in 629622, which resulted in me getting six digit unlock code of 140760... I finally decided to go through process again... This time I did correctly and put first 3 digits in correct order and 2nd three digits behind it, giving me 622629. Called GM automated line and got four digit code: 0689 that worked perfectly !!! Radio now unlocked and working... Really hope I did not waste anyones time too bad !!!
Thanks

Good to hear that you got it worked out. Really do not hear to much about radio lockout problems.

Hey we must be related. Glad you figured it out.

Not sure what the GM logic was to have a LOC feature. If someone steals a radio then they just pull up the info and call GM to get the unlock code???

Thats why GM started using VIN driven LOC systems.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom