Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2001 Z06 and Minor Issue (so far)

Corvette
2001 Z06
Sold my 1999 C5 with 130k miles and bought a 2001 Z06 (32k miles) I feel I got a heck of a deal with very little out of pocket money after the sale of the 99 and buying the 2001. Car is immaculate, interior looks brand new, body/paint showing no mars or dings. Carfax came back clean. Car showed no codes before I test drove it, and none after 50 miles. Also, none after I put 100 miles on it yesterday after the buy. New pic coming soon.

Anyway, the very minor issue is - Doors lock automatically upon driving, but when it's parked and you go to get out, you have to push the unlock button or manually unlock, pulling the door handle did nothing. The 99 would unlock upon pulling the door handle. Note-the 99 was auto, Z06 is 6spd. Is there some combination of putting the car in a certain gear or E brake?? I've tried a few variations of in gear/ebrake to no avail. Searched a bunch for anyone else wondering about this, but had no luck. No issues with locking via fob or button, just a very minor thing. Also, no FSM as yet, not that I think I would get the answer there.

TIA for any thoughts

How about finding the owners manual for that vehicle? Might tell you in there.

I personally dislike auto lock and have it disabled on mine.

How about finding the owners manual for that vehicle? Might tell you in there.

I personally dislike auto lock and have it disabled on mine.

As suggested, I just disabled it. As I said, it was a minor annoyance. Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom