Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 2001 Z06 passenger door will not lock unless I do it manually.

63evelyn

Corvette
1959,1966 conv,1967 conv,1978,2001 Z06
The passenger door on my low mileage 2001 Z06 will not lock with the door lock button or the keyless entry. It unlocks ok. Is this a connection problem inside the door or could it have something to do with the computer?

locking problem

The passenger door on my low mileage 2001 Z06 will not lock with the door lock button or the keyless entry. It unlocks ok. Is this a connection problem inside the door or could it have something to do with the computer?

it sounds more like a wiring problem than the Body Control Module. Generally if the BCM isn't working then the door won't lock, unlock and the window won't work. check wiring that passes from interior into the door. They are fine wires and they can break inside the insulation.

Thanks Roc, thats what I thought but I have a 60's mentallity when it comes to working on cars and do not understand the modern electrical systems. That is why I thought I would put my problem out there before I removed the door panel. I also just noticed that the passenger door lock button does the same thing.

Pass door won't lock

BBbiu The problem is the door module,located inside the door panel . Go on line and find someone to rebuild it and save lots of money. That's what I did.

BBbiu The problem is the door module,located inside the door panel . Go on line and find someone to rebuild it and save lots of money. That's what I did.

Thanks for the info. I am an old guy and not quite sure what a module is. Is that on the power door lock switch, the manual lock switch, or is it located somewhere else? Thanks

Each door has a control module. It's possible that has failed, however, if the window works but the door won't lock electrically but will lock manually, I'd think it's a problem with the wiring or the lock solenoid.

In any event, if you're a DIY, I'd read the Service Manual's instructions on troubleshooting the door lock system. Then repair as necessary.

If you're not a DIY on electrical system issues, I'd take the car to a service facility and have them fix it.

Ha! Had to google DIY to find out what is was. Yeah I am a "do it yourselfer" and work on all my own cars. However, I am lost on modern electrical systems. If it is just a bad connection on a wire I believe I can find it. Thanks for your help.

Pull the codes on the bad girl,Lets see what her memory has to say! :thumb

Post both history and current,All Modules. :beer

You'll probly have to pull them more than once,Unless your really fast! :D
How to Pull Codes: C5
1. Turn your key to the "ON" position, but do not start the engine.
2. Clear any present messages by pressing the RESET button.
3. Hold the OPTIONS button down, and press the FUEL button 4 times. (This will get you into the "codes" section of the DIC.
4. The computer will automatically display all the codes your car has created. It will cycle through each code every 3 seconds. (Have a pen and paper handy to write down the codes)

Note: Any code that ends in an "H" is a history code (something that has occurred in the past, but is not reporting as an error currently.)

5. Once the computer has finished going through all of its codes, press RESET to enter Manual Configuration mode. It should start with a module and show "NO CODES" or "# Codes."

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom