Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 2001 z06 question

D

docsisstretch

I need help. My mechanic told me the my car burnt the gem module. I have been looking for one all over the internet. I have not found anything on it. All I find is the bcm and I asked him it that US what he meant and said not it was the general electronic module that I never heard of. Has anyone heard of this and if so where is it found and what is the part number thank you

Sorry I can't help with your inquiry, but I can give your thread a 'bump' to keep it on top. :thumb
We have several tech savvy members that should be along soon with suggestions or advice.
Hope you get your issue sorted out soon. . . and
WELCOME to the Corvette Action Center!!

:wJane Ann

First thing that you have to do is get the codes out of the computer.....you can get those off the DIC and there are threads that tell you how to do that. Or ask your Tech guy what the codes were. It could be the Electronic Body Control Module but we are just guessing without the code. Welcome to the party....

I need help. My mechanic told me the my car burnt the gem module. I have been looking for one all over the internet. I have not found anything on it. All I find is the bcm and I asked him it that US what he meant and said not it was the general electronic module that I never heard of. Has anyone heard of this and if so where is it found and what is the part number thank you

I've never heard of "gem" module in a C5,or any other car for that matter!:eyerole

And I'm purdy well versed in C3's,C4's,C5's and some C6's.:thumb

I've heard of ECM's,PCM's,BCM's,IAC's,TACM's,EBCM's,CCM's,CLM's,HAVCM's,RDCM's,LDCM's,SRSM's,HLCM's and others.:thumb:thumb
At my age I've done purdy much everything in my BVD's,But Never heard of a "General Electric Module"! :thumb:thumb:thumb

But I can tell you one thing,I've seen people spend thousands of $$$$ in parts unnecessarily over a Non-Existent or High Resistance GROUNDS or Wiring Connections!~!!!

I don't know what you car is doing or not doing,But Non-Existent or High-Resistance Grounds will make Electronics components do "Weird" SH*T!~!! :thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom