Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2003 50th Anniversary Convertible

jojo_uno

Hello, I am looking for additional information about the 50th C5 vette. I sold my 1991 C4 convertible and am thinking about buying the 50th as my next vette. Any hints about this special model? Thank's Joe.

Jojo,
As the 50th Anniversary isn't specifically a Z06, but can be a coupe or convertible, I'm going to move this thread to the C5 General Discussion Forum.

Good luck with your search.

-Patrick

A Marketing Program

Jojo,

Don't let the sales person make a big deal about the car being a 50th Anniversary Edition Corvette. First of all GM made way to many (11,362) of these cars to ever make them highly collectable. The Anniversary cars represented 33% of the overall production of Corvettes in 2003. The convertibles (7,547) accounted for 54% of all the 50th Anniversary Corvettes.

However, there's no question that these cars are a delight to look at. That Anniversary Red paint with all that gold metallic in it is just flat out beautiful.

Remo:cool

JoJo,

I agree with Remo about too many of these beautiful cars made which impacts their collectability. However, I might add that these 50th anniversary models did come with absolutely every option available that year with the exception of body side mouldings, 12 CD disc changer and performance axle. If you like all the bells and whistles, this would be the car for you. Also, the two-tone shale interior is gorgeous! :)

Good luck!

Elaine

Check out www.50thregistry.com for information on all things related to the 50th AE cars.

Despite there being lots of AE's, they are holding their value very well.

Jojo - first off, welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

Personally, I love the 50th Anniversary Edition. I own a '98 in Carmine Red and I have this internal ongoing debate whether my next Vette will be the 50th AE model or the 2004 Commemorative Edition model in LeMans Blue. I think both are outstanding Vettes and they're my favorite C5 colors. Oh.... and the Electron Blue is in the running too.

Whatever you decide, you can't go wrong with the convertible!
Good luck in your search!
:wJane Ann

Jojo - first off, welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

Personally, I love the 50th Anniversary Edition. I own a '98 in Carmine Red and I have this internal ongoing debate whether my next Vette will be the 50th AE model or the 2004 Commemorative Edition model in LeMans Blue. I think both are outstanding Vettes and they're my favorite C5 colors. Oh.... and the Electron Blue is in the running too.

Whatever you decide, you can't go wrong with the convertible!
Good luck in your search!
:wJane Ann

I think that what Jane Ann is saying is "you can't go wrong with a Corvette!". :cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom