Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2003 Toasted wires on right door module

B

Bradleywrench13

Hey Guys,
It's been awhile, just been driving my Z with no real problems. However I pulled my dor panels to repaint the speaker grilles, and I found that 2 wires are completely fried on the right door module. They are on the top black connector, one is the center orange wire, and the other is a black wire on the bottom. These wires are so fried they are no longer even connected. I have had several problems with the left door module, where it sould stop operating the right door controls, and I have brought it to the dealer for warranty repairs, but I have had no problems with the right door. And have had no problems with it at all for about 3 months. I checked every operation on the right door from the right and left door controls and theleft and right door locks work from left and right controls, the right window goes up and down from the left and right controls, the right power mirror works. So I am just left sctratching my head about what the wires could be for????? Also I have no code for any problem with the door modules. Thanks for any help and God Bless Steve:confused

Thanks for that, I didn't know it even had mirror defrosters, hmmmmmmm??Does any one have a wiring diagram for a C5? Thanks again Steve

I would suggest that you obtain a set of factory service manuals. It is a three volume set, and it is well worth the $100-$150 that they would cost you. I have a set and it has allowed me to tackle projects that I would not otherwise have done. :)

HI there,
Yes, those are the power supply and the ground source for the heated side mirrors.
There are terminals available to repair that or you can simply splice in another connector.
Allthebest, c4c5

:w

Welcome back, Paul! We've missed you!

-Patrick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom