Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 2003 Z06 Reveal molding above windows replacement procedure

Ken_D

Corvette
2003 Z06
Picked up the parts yesterday at dealer. 10331562 right and 10331563 left are the correct numbers for the moldings. Most other websites are not listing the correct part numbers for C5 Z06.
Does anyone know what caused the failure of the original parts? I want to make sure that this doesn't happen again.
What disassembly/assembly items do I need to be careful with?
Where do I start to remove the weather strip?
My research says that I should use a 3/16 dia rope of 3M caulk 08578 over the full length of the part and around each screw to assure a good seal.
Is this the correct weather strip adhesive number 3M 0811?
I plan to use 3M adhesive remover 08984 to clean up old adhesive.
What is the torque of the screws?
Any advise would be appreciated.

Anyone replace a 2003 Z06 Reveal molding above windows?

My drivers door trim has a break also. With the cost of the plastic trim and the rubber molding, I would rather get advice before buying and attempting the repair. Right now it is only bugging me and my OCD need to keep up on broken items. I currently don't have any door leaks and want to keep it that way.

Anyone replace a 2003 Z06 Reveal molding above windows?

My drivers door trim has a break also. With the cost of the plastic trim and the rubber molding, I would rather get advice before buying and attempting the repair. Right now it is only bugging me and my OCD need to keep up on broken items. I currently don't have any door leaks and want to keep it that way.
I did this replacement in May 2018 on both sides of my car. So far everything is good. If I remember correctly it took about 7 hours to do the first side and 4 hours to do the other side. It takes lots of patience and care not to damage anything, however very worthwhile to do. I plan on publishing a procedure that I used in the future.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom