Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2004 Arctic White - which wax?

irf

Proud to Support the Corvette Action Center!
Corvette
2004 Arctic White Coupe
I just purchased a 2004 Arctic White coupe :D and I was hoping someone may have some advice on which wax to use.

I'm also wondering about the high polished wheels as well. Is Carnuba wax OK for the wheels? Any recommendations? I want to keep them shiny and protected from the elements.

Thanks!

Wax is fine for the wheels. It will help with the removal of brake dust. As for the wax, that's not what creates that deep shine that you may be looking for. glaze and/or polish does that. The wax just seals the whole process until the sun bakes it all off. Heavier, paste type wax will last the longest but is time consuming in its application. I usually hand buff with Malco's body shop hand glaze(glaze and polish fill in micro scatches and give a deep shine) and follow with a liquid wax. I refresh the car with Flash Wax or Mequirs Quick Detailer spray as needed. I would use paste wax if I had the patience instead of the liquid. Liquid is just easier to use. By the way, for anyone with a Black car, Ardex Seal B is unreal. Apply with orbital buffer, the product needs heat. The finish with a good wax. Great depth and shine, very happy with it.

irf,
I haven't done mine yet but when I do I'm going with Zaino....I've heard that using waxes with carnuba is not good, it tends to yellow over time, exposure to UV, etc.....

Read up on the Zaino site, it may help you some.....

http://www.zainostore.com/

I use Meguiar's products and am quite satisfied with the results. First, I put on a coat of Gold Class paste wax then follow with a coat of Gold Class liquid wax. I use diapers for the initial buffing, then use a microfiber cloth for the final buffing. It pretty much makes my car glow in the dark.

Use a hand glaze before any waxing, and the depth is awsome. Once you get into the glazes and polishes you won't even want to wax. Glaze and polish apply and come off much easier than wax. The wax just protects the great shine that the glaze produces. If you look close to a dark colored car, esp. black, you will see many micro scratches. Glaze and/or polish fills all of these scratches and therefore improves the look of the paint.

I don't like the zanio product line.

Do it with MOther's. IT works much better. Harder to put on. But worth the effort!

Bill.;) SHINE ON.

97 Artic white

I use the Zanio products, they work great and are pretty easy to apply, and give a deep "wet look".

I have an 87 Red coupe, and have begun the Zaino process.
The finished product is worth the work!
Getting the finish smooth and clear is alot of work but after that its a rewarding task.

Their glass polish is out of this world too.

I just used Meguires NXT on my wifes White Mustang Convertible. It looks fantastic, and it's very easy to use, give it a try.

I have used Zaino on our Arctic White 2004 convertible and thought it made the paint sparkle. I was very pleased with it.

First wash with Dawn or any dish detergent to remove any wax residue; clay bar; then start layering with Zaino. Use Z1 polish lock to start, then Z2 Polish over the top, let it dry the buff. Next spray with Z6 Gloss Enhancer and then with a 2nd coat of Z2 Polish. Zaino rocks

I really like Zaino. I have never used a wax that has lasted so long. I would love to wax the car more often but rarely get the time so it's really nice that I have finally found a wax that lasts like Zaino. My .02

Bob H said:
To see which products work the best on your vette go to www.gurureports.org
Hard to believe in the impartiality of a site that doesn't even mention the number one product, Zaino. Nothing but Zaino ever touches my C5s!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom