Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2004 Z06 Shocks

Don&Kelly

Corvette
2000 Red Coupe & 2008 Crystal Red Metallic Convert
It's time to change my Bilstien Sport shocks -
A few months ago the 2004 Z06 shocks were all the rage & several of my friends bought them and have said that they really like them.

I don't want the coil overs - I have several friends that do not like them for several reasons (like noise, fit, rubbing, rough ride, etc.)

So have any of you had real experience with the 2004 Z06 shocks and what do you think of them?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks, thats a great article on the 2nd page.

Don&Kelly said:
It's time to change my Bilstien Sport shocks
Why - are you unhappy with them? You do realize that they are rebuildable, right?

I have the Bilstein Sports in my car (Z51 coupe), and have ridden in similarly equipped C5s with '04 Z06 shocks. The Z06 shocks are a nice cost-effective alternative to the Bilsteins, but I would be surprised if anyone who has experienced both thought the Z-shocks were superior.

Hi Bob I have a 2000 FRC with Z-51 suspension and saw the Bilstiens sports for $74.99 each (z51) how do they ride both slow and agressive. Ps I like High Speed Touring type driving long straights and tight twisties thanks Dr C5

Given your driving style, I think you'd be happy with the Bilsteins. They are slightly stiffer than stock, but more importantly, they respond quicker.

We have a corner here in town that I refer to as the "suspension tester." At the bottom of a long downhill is a 90º right hand turn. The curve is banked and has a double dip at the apex. Before switching to the Bilsteins, taking that corner on the inside at anything exceeding a crawl would momentarily get my right rear wheel airborn. Since switching, I can actually power through the corner and never lose contact with the road surface.

:upthumbs

That sounds nice, but some of the things I am concerned about is a jolting ride and the ("road steer" following the contour of the road) with the slightly stiffer shocks. Is the overall ride better or worse than stock they also make a standard shock as well have you heard about them? have you heard anything about edelbroc's performer shocks? Thanks Dr C5

When I purchased my 2003 Z06, the previous owner had put 2004 shocks on there and so I don't really have anything to compare to though. I can say that the car does track grooves in the road aka: Road steer. I am not really a performance driver but have hit some freeway on and offramps at 80mph with no problems.

Craig

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom