Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2005 1SA package stereo with no navigation

abc

Corvette
I am having reception problems on FM stations even the strong stations. There is static present in strong signals and also the radio cannot hold onto a FM station as it fades out then goes quiet. I have looked up the possible fixes on firmware upgrades and discs but they are all only for stereo with static problems that have navigation unit.
Any ideas what could be the problem? Antenna connections? Bad module? or is does this warrant another visit to dealership?:W :r :crazy

I am having reception problems on FM stations even the strong stations. There is static present in strong signals and also the radio cannot hold onto a FM station as it fades out then goes quiet. I have looked up the possible fixes on firmware upgrades and discs but they are all only for stereo with static problems that have navigation unit.
Any ideas what could be the problem? Antenna connections? Bad module? or is does this warrant another visit to dealership?:W :r :crazy

abc, I believe that the fix would be the same regardless of navi or no navi. This is a case for the dealer or a local radio shop that the dealer may farm out to. It could be as simple as a loose connection

abc, I believe that the fix would be the same regardless of navi or no navi. This is a case for the dealer or a local radio shop that the dealer may farm out to. It could be as simple as a loose connection

From what I found out there are different firmware versions and discs but they are all for stereos with navigation per my dealership. Then it could be something like a bad antenna module or loose connection.:crazy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom