Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2005 C6 or 2006 C6?

Never to old to learn

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]=========================================================
I wouldn't buy the first year of a modle Vette for all the tea in China...they are crapola..so many problems you can't even count them...everyone I know is bringing them in for repairs...by 2006 many of the "bugs" will be solved...whoever tells you that the first year of a modle is ok is in denial....Snip>>

btw...I know from experience with the C3, C4 and C5...I still have them and they were never the first year of the modle....:D
[/QUOTE]

You make a very good point about the denial, this C6 is going to have a bug pretty soon. So far it's the gas tank that keeps going empty on me so often. It may not make it to 8,000 mile without those pesky bugs showing up, OH wait, it already made it to 8,000 miles. Lets see now what has gone wrong so far? Maybe I should take it back to the dealer so he knows I still have it and he can find some of those bugs. OK, I give up, what do those bugs look like? Was it was the leaking output shaft seal that had to be replaced? Nope that was on the 2004 C5 that failed within the first month. Then there was the computer that went out on me on the interstate on a Sunday, oops that was the 1998 (second model year with most of the bugs cured). This is an experience for me to learn from, even at this age.

I do miss the windows on the C5 that pop out at high speeds because now I don't get that warning to slow down.
:upthumbs :confused :lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by '04 Torch Red
=========================================================
I wouldn't buy the first year of a modle Vette for all the tea in China...they are crapola..so many problems you can't even count them...everyone I know is bringing them in for repairs...by 2006 many of the "bugs" will be solved...whoever tells you that the first year of a modle is ok is in denial....

btw...I know from experience with the C3, C4 and C5...I still have them and they were never the first year of the modle....:D

Dad said:
You make a very good point about the denial, this C6 is going to have a bug pretty soon. So far it's the gas tank that keeps going empty on me so often. It may not make it to 8,000 mile without those pesky bugs showing up, OH wait, it already made it to 8,000 miles. Lets see now what has gone wrong so far? Maybe I should take it back to the dealer so he knows I still have it and he can find some of those bugs. OK, I give up, what do those bugs look like? Was it was the leaking output shaft seal that had to be replaced? Nope that was on the 2004 C5 that failed within the first month. Then there was the computer that went out on me on the interstate on a Sunday, oops that was the 1998 (second model year with most of the bugs cured). This is an experience for me to learn from, even at this age.

I do miss the windows on the C5 that pop out at high speeds because now I don't get that warning to slow down.
:upthumbs :confused :lou
========================================================

Yep...that confirms it....Mr. Denial:L

BTW...heres my "original" quote that you edited...:L

Quote '04 Torch Red
"I wouldn't buy the first year of a modle Vette for all the tea in China...they are crapola..so many problems you can't even count them...everyone I know is bringing them in for repairs...by 2006 many of the "bugs" will be solved...whoever tells you that the first year of a modle is ok is in denial....Wait for a 2006 and you will be much happier...look at past history with the first year of any modle Vette..they all had so many bugs that were solved the second year of the modle...Good luck!

First year Vette buyers are GM's research and development team...:L :L

btw...I know from experience with the C3, C4 and C5...I still have them and they were never the first year of the modle....":D
:beer

I guess it all depends on how picky you are or whether you buy your Corvette to drive or its just a weekend car or garage queen. My 97 has 2 bugs which I am told were common:
1 the gas gage goes to empty at times when the car is over 1/2 full and driven longer then about 1/2 hour. MY 2000 have different sending units; aparently it took three years to find and fix that bug. I reset my trips at each fill no problem if and when it happens.
2 seat rock when it gets annoying enough I will rebuild the seat adjuster
Neither one stops me from driving the car. The first time the gas gage went empty was quite a scare though. I bought the car off Ebay from about 200 miles away and was bringing it home and had filled it up 60 miles before :confused
Stopped at the next gas station and took $2.60 to fill it again thats when I started to set the trips :L

bossvette said:
I guess it all depends on how picky you are or whether you buy your Corvette to drive or its just a weekend car or garage queen. My 97 has 2 bugs which I am told were common:
1 the gas gage goes to empty at times when the car is over 1/2 full and driven longer then about 1/2 hour. MY 2000 have different sending units; aparently it took three years to find and fix that bug. I reset my trips at each fill no problem if and when it happens.
2 seat rock when it gets annoying enough I will rebuild the seat adjuster
Neither one stops me from driving the car. The first time the gas gage went empty was quite a scare though. I bought the car off Ebay from about 200 miles away and was bringing it home and had filled it up 60 miles before :confused
Stopped at the next gas station and took $2.60 to fill it again thats when I started to set the trips :L
=========================================================
:L thats scaryspice:L man you have a lot of Guts buying a Vette off of Ebay:L..now thats SCARY!......I bought my '04 to drive but I consider it an "adult toy"...I appreciate it more by not driving it 24/7...so I guess it is a "Garage Queen" that gets driven on the weekends and some during the week but I also have a '95 ZF6 speed Vert that gets driven some also...so at least my '04 vert "Garage Queen" has a mate and doesn't get lonely:L ...by the end of the C6 modle, years later, most of the BUGS will be corrected:D ...by then the genius GM engineers will have figured out how to incorporate the front license plate to the fugly crosseyed oriental smiling toothless fishface...;LOL:beer

I'm really happy with my C6,although it had 4050 miles on it when I bought it (exects car!! saved $5000 ) 6speed glass top Z51 silver/grey pol whls EMT's The only problem was the radio:and the warranty replaced it no questions asked!! Don't worry about bugs in the 2005 C6 anything and everything is covered for 3 years/36,000 miles!!! Just WATCH-OUT for the dealership!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom