Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2005 turkey run, some pics, and some relief

J

jonsflavette

Picture680.jpg
[/IMG]Wow, what a great weekend. the 32nd annual turkey run in Daytona. weather was incredible, 6000 show cars, and many to die for, I have never felt like such a little fish in a BIG pond in my life! 6000 cars parked in the inside track of the Daytona super speedway. The night cruises on A-1-A (along the ocean) were awesome, I have never heard more 500+hp cars rumble, not to mention 1000+ blown cars, I felt (at times) whippy with my get up. Driving into the Daytona tunnel with all that history was great. I was so happy she made the ride with no problems. Far and away the longest run the car has had. It has been in moth-balls for over a decade, I finally got the restro far enough where we would do some local rides, I know I feel pretty good about her, the typical little tweaks, but I think we are down hill from here finally (I hope)

Picture665.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture685.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture680.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture685.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture663.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture681.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks, I am sorry now that I look at the post. I posted multple pics, and small and big ones, not real good at that stuff. I meant to send 3 others. Different ones. I'll work on the computer skills, but thank you. It was a great weekend, and I was just happy all that work felt like it paid off, it is worth it!!!

Jon,

Missed you at the Turkey Run. Great pix of your car. I was tempted to get some of mine on the beach as well, but didn't have the time. For some reason I thought you had a brown vette and so I was looking for the wrong color. I haven't been able to download my pictures since my puter's broke. I may very well have one of yours as I took several vettes around the show. I'll check the camera tonight. Did you see the white retro '03 with the '53 body kit? I limped home on Sunday with a seperated belt on the left rear tire. Sorry we didn't hook up.

Mike :w

Jon,

I was there Sat. and saw your car. Not many C3's and the hood on yours made it unique. I wanted to ask you if your tires rubbed when you turn lock to lock. I looked at so many...don't you have 255/60/15's?
I ordered a set for my 75 coupe, hope they work.

Yes, 255/60s in the front and 275/60s in the rear. Never a problem or a rub with either.

You know I feel stupid. I called you that one night when you gave me your number, but when we left thursday-thanksgiving moring I was in such a rush, I forgot your number (and several other things) we were going to pt. st. lucie to have dinner with friends, I was a reck, and trying to do a few car things before leaving, I did not have internet access, I am sorry, It would have been fun parking with another C-3, my fault.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom