Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 2006 Automatic Shift stuck

jake99

Corvette
2006 Monterey Red Coupe
Periodically on a cold start the shift knob is stuck in park. I have to push it forward and press the button to free it.
Anyone else having this problem or any ideas? 2006 Corvette Coupe.

asset.php

Have you checked the shift cable condition and adjustment?

Common problem. Same thing on my '07 but hot starts as well, and it is not consistent. Locks out whenever it feels like it; not every time. Can go for weeks or months with no problems then starts again sporadically. Yes, some times moving auto shift knob forward will release it, but not always. Sometimes just working the brake pedal, shift knob, and banging on the console will free it. If you are still interested I have worked up a fix for this.

Excellent information. Nice work!! My '06 C6 shift mech. messes with me, intermittently, all summer. This wire tie-off looks like a good way to get that catch mechanism pulled back permanently. Another thought I had was to pull the rear solenoid rod as far forward as it will go, effectively camming the catch mechanism back and away from the shifter mechanism. To keep the solenoid rod pulled permanently forward I would simply glue it in place using 2-part epoxy after thoroughly cleaning that area. Crimping a metal band around the rod would hold it in place too. I think that will work too, without having to use that long wire shown in your photos.

Excellent information. Nice work!! My '06 C6 shift mech. messes with me, intermittently, all summer. This wire tie-off looks like a good way to get that catch mechanism pulled back permanently. Another thought I had was to pull the rear solenoid rod as far forward as it will go, effectively camming the catch mechanism back and away from the shifter mechanism. To keep the solenoid rod pulled permanently forward I would simply glue it in place using 2-part epoxy after thoroughly cleaning that area. Crimping a metal band around the rod would hold it in place too. I think that will work too, without having to use that long wire shown in your photos.

I Agree once in there and see how it works there are probably many options to repair this. I just tied mine back with a zip tie. the last time it locked up on me was in a drive through line with a lot of pissed off people behind me. nice not to have to worry about it anymore

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom