Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2006 Corvette Coupe Performance

jnobrega

Corvette
2006 Coupe
I have a 2006 Corvette Coupe and would like to increase the performance and sound of the car without major modifications that may end up voiding the warranty. Let me know what you have done to your Corvette and how it has worked out for you.

Thanks,

Joel

Welcome to the CAC! :CAC

There is not much "low hanging fruit" as far as performance goes. A different exhaust is generally more for sound than for performance.

DRTH VTR said:
Welcome to the CAC! :CAC

There is not much "low hanging fruit" as far as performance goes. A different exhaust is generally more for sound than for performance.

Thanks for the response. The car just does not sound like a performance car and yes I agree that I cannot expect much from and exhaust other than better sound. I was look at also installing header but I've heard that the original exhaust on the car are very good and you would not gain much. i would also like to look into an air intake. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Joel

A really high flow intake like the Halltech or one of the fresh air models (Callaway, Lingenfelter, and (maybe) Breatheless, a straight through catback system and a good tune is a good first step...and where you might want to stop.

catbert said:
A really high flow intake like the Halltech or one of the fresh air models (Callaway, Lingenfelter, and (maybe) Breatheless, a straight through catback system and a good tune is a good first step...and where you might want to stop.

Thanks for the response. Those are somewhat my thoughts on the issue. A good cold intake system and exhaust. I also have a Leman's Blue 06. They do turn heads on the street but stock they are really not that good on the tunes.

Thanks,

Joel

I just got my car back from Lingenfelter. I bought the cheapest package - it included new heads, cam,cat back exhaust, intake, valves and springs. Turned my car from a sophisticated performance car into a real hot rod. This thing just screams. Best 8 grand I ever spent, and the hell with the warrenty. A good dealer will still fix any non powertrain problem and Lingenfelter warrenties their work for 2 years. The A6 should be no problem as this is the same tranny Caddilac is puting in their V models that approach 500 hp.

Check out Corsa's website for examples of C6 exhaust sounds. Lingenfelter's air intake with a Corsa cat-back should give you a noticable increase in power. Good luck!

Mike

500 hp

Was that Lingenfelter up grade on your LS2 the 500 bhp and 440 torque for about $8250 or so? And did it really make a big difference? What about gas mileage difference?

Was that Lingenfelter up grade on your LS2 the 500 bhp and 440 torque for about $8250 or so? And did it really make a big difference? What about gas mileage difference?

Yes, that's what they call the "head and cam" package. With a few options like the Lingenfelter Cam covers, quad pipes and the rear logo mat - the total was about $9000. It did make a noticeable difference, especially in the top end. I had put about 3500mi on the car before it went to Indiana so I knew how it performed before the upgrades. My Vett friends all are impressed with the new top end rush. It hits much harder than stock on the run up to redline. At first I wasn't sure if I'd like it because it is SO much louder than stock. The exhaust just roars when you on it hard, the intake is louder and the car rumbles so loud at idle that I have to turn it off when trying to order at fast food restaurants.

The package changed the personality of the car. Less refined, more hoodlum. I love it, and could never go back to stock. Very happy with the Lingenfelter package and consider it a very good performance value.

The gas mileage seems to down about 2 mpg, averaging about 19mpg.

Mike

Lingenfelter Upgrade

Yes, that's what they call the "head and cam" package. With a few options like the Lingenfelter Cam covers, quad pipes and the rear logo mat - the total was about $9000. It did make a noticeable difference, especially in the top end. I had put about 3500mi on the car before it went to Indiana so I knew how it performed before the upgrades. My Vett friends all are impressed with the new top end rush. It hits much harder than stock on the run up to redline. At first I wasn't sure if I'd like it because it is SO much louder than stock. The exhaust just roars when you on it hard, the intake is louder and the car rumbles so loud at idle that I have to turn it off when trying to order at fast food restaurants.

The package changed the personality of the car. Less refined, more hoodlum. I love it, and could never go back to stock. Very happy with the Lingenfelter package and consider it a very good performance value.

The gas mileage seems to down about 2 mpg, averaging about 19mpg.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the information. It will be a great help in making my choice on how to change the car. It performs well but does not sound like a performance car.

Silverman, dude, any way you can post some audio of how your car sounds?

Dude,

Nothing l'd like better than to record that exhaust at full wail! I'd pump it through my home audio system and rattle the windows. ;)(when the wife wasn't home) However, that kind of recording is easier said than done.

The car is in winter storage until mid March...I'll see about a digital recording and maybe get it posted at that time. Meanwhile, if you go to Corsa's website you can listen to examples of the same "Sport" exhaust on a stock Corvette. As a past audio professional, I can tell you that what you'll hear is not real close to the actual live sound. Limitations of PC audio input/output will reduce bass and lower overtones and makes it sound "tinney" compared to what you'd hear standing next to my car, which sounds deeper with more timber. But it might give you some idea of what the Corsas sound like.
http://www.corsaperf.com/c6.htm :w

Mike

I agree with Catbert....first decide what you want to achieve in the end. Then research as much as possible on the various combinations of products. Most important: "pick a knowledgeable and trusted shop" to do your work.

Lastly, enjoy and be safe. :_rock

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom