Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2006 engine shutdown

K

KenF

I have a 06 that will just shutdown and the only warning is 3 dings and a reduced engine power reading. I can get it to start by putting it in park and pushing the switch opening the door shutting it and locking it then unlocking it and it will start. This is a lot of fun when it happens at 70 mph on the freeway, getting to the side of the road is a bit dicey.

Welcome to the CAC. It sounds like you need an engine diagnosis right away. I have a C5 and that is something designed to protect the engine when the computer detects conditions that it thinks is harmful to the engine. I would think that the C6 is similar.

Its at the dealer now. They have there best man on it??. For less than a 600 miles on the car it has been fun

Hi there,
Reduced engine power is usually a problem with the electronic throttle control or vehicle control systems.
If I were a betting man, a throttle problem.
Allthebest, c4c5

Update The dealer said it was the BCM so they changed that. Now they say it throws a WDK code(we don,t know) and are still working on it. 7 days now and counting

2nd update they think it is the ECM. They say its on order. I am getting tired of waiting for my new vette.
PS GM customer assistance is no help so far.
Ken

I know I've only posted here maybe once myself, but this thread seems suspicious.

Do you think I would joke about having a brand new vette that had this problem. Call M.K. Smith Chevy in Chino CA. and ask them if they have it.

maddogbishop said:
I know I've only posted here maybe once myself, but this thread seems suspicious.

In what way? I am just seeking clarification.

Hi there,
Dont be too hasty, either the BCM or PCM could cause the condition listed above.
Customer assistance is NOT a technical help center.
Accurate diagnosis is key to what happens here and how effectively it is repaired.
Allthebest, c4c5

The latest is that it is the ECM and it is backorderd with a receive time of 10 business days or more. If anyone knows where I can call that might help. I would really like to know.
PS customer assistance offered me a free oil change for my trouble.
Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom