Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 2007 tire pressure sensor

Tony1Leo

Corvette
2017 Grand Sport
One of my tire pressure sensors is reading/sending an incorrect air pressure. I checked all the tires and they all have 30 pounds of pressure according to my tire gauge, but in the display one tire measures only 24 pounds when cold causing the warning light to come on.
After driving about 3 to 4 minutes, the tires heat up to 25 or 26 pounds and the light goes off. I increased the pressure to 33 pounds and the sensor still reads the same 24 to 26 pounds. Are there any resets you can do to the display/computer to recalibrate the pressure or do I just need to replace the sensor?
Tony

Your favorite dealer or a good tire shop in your area can "reprogram" the tire pressure sensors. This usually 'resets' them and they read correctly afterward.

I've had my Cadillac and one of my older Corvettes reset like this to clear a bad reading.

Your owners manual may have the procedure listed if you care to do it yourself.'

Your favorite dealer or a good tire shop in your area can "reprogram" the tire pressure sensors. This usually 'resets' them and they read correctly afterward.

I've had my Cadillac and one of my older Corvettes reset like this to clear a bad reading.

Your owners manual may have the procedure listed if you care to do it yourself.'

Thanks for the info Tuna. I think it was just a glitch. I took the tire off, move it away from the car and checked the DIC. It showed no tire pressure. I put it back on and read it again and it showed the correct pressure. Hopefully it will continue to work.

Thanks for the info Tuna. I think it was just a glitch. I took the tire off, move it away from the car and checked the DIC. It showed no tire pressure. I put it back on and read it again and it showed the correct pressure. Hopefully it will continue to work.

Hadn't thought of doing that. I'll keep that in mind if the issue pops up again with my cars.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom