Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2007 Z06 - Front tire sensors

S

Sibeez

P1010229.jpg
Dash alerts for two weeks, intermittently, left front tire flat [and it's not]. Yesterday, dash alert for right front tire flat [and it's not]. Current tires have 7,000 miles. As car out of warranty, before I take this to the dealer, anyone else had this issue or a suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Sally B.

What pressure does it show on the DIC and what does it check with a hand gage before and after you drive it long enough to get the tires hot?

I'll check it out next time it happens

What pressure does it show on the DIC and what does it check with a hand gage before and after you drive it long enough to get the tires hot?

which will be next time I drive it, tomorrow.

If you're getting this upon initial start up, your tire pressures could be extemely low, like under 25 pounds. Once the tires warm up, pressure increases and the warning goes away. Like previous poster stated, check cold tire pressure with an independent guage and compare with DIC.

Warning does not appear until I've been driving

If you're getting this upon initial start up, your tire pressures could be extemely low, like under 25 pounds. Once the tires warm up, pressure increases and the warning goes away. Like previous poster stated, check cold tire pressure with an independent guage and compare with DIC.

No pattern of when it comes on. I've been checking tire pressure daily before I drive and PSI normal. I'll drive it sometime today and will evaluate prior thread recommendation. Many thanks.

Tire Sensors

Car set in garage for 48-hours before I drove it today.
Front Left PSI 28, Front Right PSI 30
Back Left PSI 28, Back Right PSI 31

After returning home,

Front left PSI 31, Front Right PSI 32
Back Left PSI 31, Back Right PSI 32

Flat tire warning indicators for FL [or FR] did not pop up today.

Unable to check with hand gauge [hubby not available].

You may want to get the tire pressure more in line with what GM recommends, 30 PSI cold. If there is a problem it would be recognized because you know the tire has the correct pressure versus a guess that it is not reading properly. The 28 PSI should not have triggered the warning but it is close enough it could drop below the 25 PSI trigger point due to a cold night. Your tires should gain about 3 PSI during a normal drive from cold start to fully warmed up from highway driving.

Most hand held guages will be off a bit from the DIC reading, just get it close and consistent tire to tire.

Good luck.:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom